Sponsored

Newbie Jeep owner- need advice on headliners.

Lmike6453

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude (Black)
Yes, you really only have to lightly scuff where the 3M taped is going to be applied and then wipe it down a couple of times with acetone over those areas. Doesn’t make a terrible mess. No need to go crazy and sand the entire thing down.
Yep I was having thoughts like...
"Should I remove the hardtop?"
"It's going to suck to sand something that is over my head"
"It's going to make a mess all over the Jeep"

Lol..so glad that I didn't remove it. Spent one evening sanding and doing freedom panels off the Jeep, and rear windows.
Woke up next day and did the rest and was pretty chill install.
Sponsored

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Est1968.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Barber / Friend Maker
Good topic, and my first post too !

QUESTION: Why in the world did Jeep decide to have the interior roof panels be white on the inside ?
Am I the only one this really bothers ? I am really tempted to remove the roof and spray them black before going the headliner route...

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Good topic, and my first post too !

QUESTION: Why in the world did Jeep decide to have the interior roof panels be white on the inside ?
Am I the only one this really bothers ? I am really tempted to remove the roof and spray them black before going the headliner route...
I can’t speak for Jeep but many vehicles have black interiors and a light grey headliner. A black interior and a black headliner “might’ make a vehicle feel a little like a cave? Perhaps that’s why jeep opted for a lighter color?

rpjlu19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I see a lot about HH... anyone try boom mat?

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Just bought my first JEEP!! I live in FL and it’s hot AF. Do the headliners work? If so, what are the best ones? Do you need the window panels as well? Thanks!! ⚡
Yes.

Many people like Hot Heads brand. I think most work reasonably well at heat abatement.

But that's about it as to what they offer. Noise abatement...?....they really don't "cut their teeth" on such things.

Some people also like them for the asthetic.

Biases: I do not have them. Then again, I'm in the Northeast. : - )

If I lived by you I would definitely have them.

johnbrochill

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
How do these compare with the headliners that can be ordered from the factory? Heat vs. cold won't matter as much for me, but I am more concerned with noise reduction.

I don't really want to spend an extra $500 on my order, but the Rubicon I drove with the headliner seemed much quieter than without.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I installed the Boom Mats today. I haven't driven the Jeep yet so no impressions. I really got them to try to reduce baking in the Moab Labor Day sun -- no idea if they'll make ANY difference.

I actually like that they are available in white, I had no desire to make my interior any darker. As a machinist I subscribe to the notion that "Hell is a poorly lit machine shop".... which truthfully has NO bearing on the interior of my Jeep 'cause it's not like I'm trying to read a micrometer while driving down the road......so yeah, my reasoning here makes no sense (shrug)

I'm sure HotHeads are great but I was simply not willing to pay what they wanted. Doesn't mean they're not worth it - just not worth it TO ME.

IMG_20200831_104351657.jpg
Sponsored