Sponsored

NEWBIE GRANDMA can't shift AT ALL from 2H to 4H!! What the...??

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
What happened to grandma??? Also... tell your good for nothing neighbor to come snow blow your driveway and put down some salt. Then you have all the space you need to work on shifting.
Sponsored

GTCS302

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2011 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
So after reading this, I shifted from 2H to 4H a few times tonight for the first time being I only have my Jeep 3 weeks. Definitely took some effort. 4H back to 2H took much less effort. I noticed when I shifted into 4H, the 4H indicator in the dash blinked 3 times before going solid. Is this normal? I donā€™t recall my 17 JKU doing that.

Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I know lots of people have offered advice, which is great, but I think someone is punking the forum.

• The Jeep has gone from MY 2018 to 2020.
  • They either have the FT 4WD or the PT 4WD. When asked, they said the T-case lever looked a bit like the FT pattern but was a bit different. That just doesn't work? It's one or the other.
  • No matter how many times they've been told just to move it a little bit in the garage, they can't seem to move it?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I know lots of people have offered advice, which is great, but I think someone is punking the forum.

• They either have the FT 4WD or the PT 4WD. When asked, they said the T-case lever looked a bit like the FT pattern but was a bit different. That just doesn't work? It's one or the other.
  • No matter how many times they've been told just to move it a little bit in the garage, they can't seem to move it?
i donā€™t think Diggin herself ever said it was an ā€˜18. But yeah, people come on the forums then ghost all the time. I wonā€™t cast any stones because Iā€™ve probably registered for two dozen online forums in the last 20+ years and this is only one of two that I even still go to. I do try to conclude any threads I start tho.

I wish Grannie the best of luck, donā€™t care if sheā€™s real or not!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Hopefully she is out and about enjoying her Jeep!

OP
OP
Diggin'

Diggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Where in Colorado are you located? Maybe I'm not far from you.
Estes Park. And we had snow ALL day--the second one in just four days. It's deep because it's on top of the foot that was laid down five days ago. So I decided to wait before seeing if I can move the jeep enough in reverse, while in the garage, to make that cemented shift work!! It's 3 degrees outside as i write this. And I am a prisoner due to that dang unmoveable stick and high snow. SO I can't go anywhere to even get the recommended PVC. I have made a plea for help to those who serve with me on the neighborhood road association group. But hardly anyone can drive on our road right now anyway.

OP
OP
Diggin'

Diggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i donā€™t think Diggin herself ever said it was an ā€˜18. But yeah, people come on the forums then ghost all the time. I wonā€™t cast any stones because Iā€™ve probably registered for two dozen online forums in the last 20+ years and this is only one of two that I even still go to. I do try to conclude any threads I start tho.

I wish Grannie the best of luck, donā€™t care if sheā€™s real or not!
No, from my first post, I stated I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler. It's barely over 6000 miles when I got it several months ago, AND YES, I, "Granny" am real. I'm just not "old" as a "grandma" for what it's worth. lol. You will see from my other post that it has snowed a big amount again today over the previous 12" that happened 5 days ago. And it's 3 degrees outside as I'm writing this. So I am waiting for this snowfall to STOP and the temps to go up just a little before I go into the detached garage again and see if I can have enough room to be in reverse and loosen the cemented stick. I have doubts. But I'll see.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diggin'

Diggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Aren't' you a jolly suspicious dimwit. Read my other posts to see what today was like.

OP
OP
Diggin'

Diggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What happened to grandma??? Also... tell your good for nothing neighbor to come snow blow your driveway and put down some salt. Then you have all the space you need to work on shifting.
Nothing happened to me, Grandma. Read my other posts about today. And I hired a guy to plow my somewhat long packed dirt driveway for the first time this week because of the snow. But I am UNIMPRESSED. He just does a plow up the driveway the length of his plow, which leaves a LOT of snow on both sides, and gets nowhere near the ground. And no, if you put salt on this deep of snow, it mainly just sits there and colors the snow. Been there, done that.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I tried shifting mine on the way home yesterday for giggles. It's always been stiff too, I took it to dealer when I got it asking if that was the way it's supposed to be.

I just discovered that pulling the shift lever to the left towards me while pulling back is much easier than just pulling straight back. I'd say it's at least 1/2 the effort while doing it that way (pulling left while pulling back).
Sponsored