Newbie 2021 Sahara Altitude vs HA vs Adv Safety

marthasiny

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
I am a Jeep newbie and I have narrowed it down to the choosing between the 2021 Sahara Altitude or High Altitude for my husbands birthday.
I want the Sky One Touch top bc we don't have a garage to store the hard tops.
I am debating about adding the Adv Safetly Pkg and whether the 1K upgrade to the HA model is worth it for the bigger 20" tires. We have a lot of potholes where I live so I wonder if the 20" would be a rougher drive? Is there anything I can do to make the ride smoother?
Anyway, looking for feedback on Adv Safety and Altitude vs HA.
Other options I am incl are Cold Weather, Proximity Keyless, Prem Audio, Safety (last 2 are incl w/HA pkg).
He is a conservative driver so I wasn't upgrading engine and we don't plan on towing.
Sponsored

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
I am a Jeep newbie and I have narrowed it down to the choosing between the 2021 Sahara Altitude or High Altitude for my husbands birthday.
I want the Sky One Touch top bc we don't have a garage to store the hard tops.
I am debating about adding the Adv Safetly Pkg and whether the 1K upgrade to the HA model is worth it for the bigger 20" tires. We have a lot of potholes where I live so I wonder if the 20" would be a rougher drive? Is there anything I can do to make the ride smoother?
Anyway, looking for feedback on Adv Safety and Altitude vs HA.
Other options I am incl are Cold Weather, Proximity Keyless, Prem Audio, Safety (last 2 are incl w/HA pkg).
He is a conservative driver so I wasn't upgrading engine and we don't plan on towing.
You are correct. The 20" lower profile tires will give a rougher ride over the pot holes. They also won't be as good off road. They will give you better on road handling. I have the advanced safety group, and am very pleased with it. Others not so much. FYI I have the Sky One Touch, and love it.

OP
OP

marthasiny

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
TY! We are not planning off road - just city driving mostly. Some highway. So I guess its handling vs smoothness on the 20...Looks like I should stick to 18 inch plain Altitude pkg then if I want a smoother drive. And save 1K in the process...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

I have a Sahara so I am a bit biased, but I’d recommend the Sahara Altitude over the High Altitude.

They are all Saharas. But the Altitude has a more youthful look with the blacked out trim. Besides the beefier rear axle, High Altitude gives you mostly cosmetic add-ons which, depending on who you ask, make the Jeep look a bit too much of a mall crawler. Also, I prefer the look of the 18” wheels over the 20” wheels on a Wrangler.

I purposely avoided getting the Advanced Safety Group. Personally, I don’t trust FCA with electronics, and Advanced Safety just loads the Jeep with sensors and other fragile stuff. But it is a matter of personal preference. If you plan to trade in the Jeep at the end of the 3-year warranty, perhaps it won’t do much harm.

Good luck!

OP
OP

marthasiny

First Name
Martha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Thanks so much. Another quick question - is it worth upgrading to MOPAR HINGE-GATE REINFORCEMENT if we are not going off-roading or putting big tires on it? I am assuming spare suffices as a spare and if we have to replace it we would replace w/similar spare...

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks so much. Another quick question - is it worth upgrading to MOPAR HINGE-GATE REINFORCEMENT if we are not going off-roading or putting big tires on it? I am assuming spare suffices as a spare and if we have to replace it we would replace w/similar spare...
No, you don’t need it. You can fit up to a 33” tire on the standard tailgate without issue. That’s what I did with mine; see my Jeep below with 33.2” tires.

For reference, the standard tire size on Sahara Altitude is 32”, on High Altitude is 31”.
Jeep Wrangler JL Newbie 2021 Sahara Altitude vs HA vs Adv Safety C75215C4-9AC0-4E3A-968A-C092CA4CA4DA

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
No need for the hinge gate reinforcement in your situation. .
Sponsored