Newbie 2019 JL Sahara Unlimited Saying Hello

Moonlight_Ken

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL WRANGER UNLIMITED
Hey everyone... I just ordered a '19 JL Wrangler / Sahara Unlimited in white. Very anxious! I am in Northern Michigan so this Jeep is going to see a good bit of snow in the winter.

Have never owned a Jeep but always wanted one. I have always been a truck guy and this time by better half said to buy the Wrangler finally. I decided to get the '19 in spite of some good deals on leftover '18's as I wanted the Adaptive Cruise and the the collision avoidance. I have my brother in-law's Crosstrek with feature and felt it was a game changer. I can think of several accidents in my years of driving that would have been avoided.

I am sure after the Wrangler comes off the assembly line in a few weeks I will have a million questions.

FYI also - I am a SEMA member and a new products judge so when it gets time for SEMA drop me a note if there is anything your looking for info on. My area in the business are wheel's and tires so we are in and around the off-road gear the entire week.

Ken
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Welcome Ken!
As a SEMA judge what made you choose a Sahara over a Rubicon if I my ask?

OP
OP

Moonlight_Ken

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easy answer... could not stand the red dash treatments! I had priced out both and it was only a tiny amount different. But could not get past the dash.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Hope you love your Sahara when it comes as much as we love ours! My wife has taken mine over, I "stuck" driving our Cherokee Trailhawk... not too hard to take though!

You don't need a Rubicon unless you need it's better off road capabilities which really are basically tough rock crawling when locked diffs are needed. Most Wranglers will do most of the "stuff" Rubicons will do as is!

Go Jeep!!!

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I'm fairly new to the club as well, getting mine about a month ago. Most fun vehicle I've ever had! Got to use it one day in the snow, but now the weather is improving and driving with the top down and windows open is wild. I can't wait to get more consistent warm temperatures so I can get those doors off too.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm not a newbie Jeep ower over the years, many years We've had 27! I am, since my CJ7 days a HT owner, not a big fan of soft tops, Well maybe except for as you see by my side bar pic our first CJ5 one of my favorites. Our first JLUS, a first year 2007 had both, used the soft top one summer for a trip? Do love the removable panels, although kind of a pain storing etc. Just installed a new Bestop Sunrider replacement for panels and we think we died and went to heaven, panels in the bag hanging in the garage!! So easy, stop somewhere leaving the vehicle and looking like rain, pop it closed come out no rain, pop it open! Just so great!

Being a SEMA judge must be so interesting, keep it up!

Whatever you do Moonlight_Ken ENJOY your new Jeep!!!

Go Jeep!!!

OP
OP

Moonlight_Ken

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a newbie Jeep ower over the years, many years We've had 27! I am, since my CJ7 days a HT owner, not a big fan of soft tops, Well maybe except for as you see by my side bar pic our first CJ5 one of my favorites. Our first JLUS, a first year 2007 had both, used the soft top one summer for a trip? Do love the removable panels, although kind of a pain storing etc. Just installed a new Bestop Sunrider replacement for panels and we think we died and went to heaven, panels in the bag hanging in the garage!! So easy, stop somewhere leaving the vehicle and looking like rain, pop it closed come out no rain, pop it open! Just so great!

Being a SEMA judge must be so interesting, keep it up!

Whatever you do Moonlight_Ken ENJOY your new Jeep!!!

Go Jeep!!!
Thanks for the comment on the Bestop. That is very very cool. I was thinking the other day how nice it will be to pull out that section and now you have my solution!

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Moonlight_Ken,

It's really convenient, and once on really simple. One hand from inside your Jeep! No thinkin' "well should I leave the panels behind so I'll have the room or ya, maybe I'd better take them weather looks iffy"! just open and drive! A bit pricey but I think well worth it unless you want to do the whole soft top deal? My son in law has a soft top Rubicon JLU and I still think dealing with the soft top a pain...just sayin'!!

Have fun whatever you do!

Go Jeep!!!

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Welcome.
I completely agree with you about the red dash. I'm not a fan.
Anyway, my JL was my first Wrangler too (we had a Grand Cherokee before, so not our first Jeep). I love my Sahara. it's exactly the right fit for my use. I hope you're as happy with yours as I am mine.