Newb help. Jeep wont move when door not shut

FirecrackerRubi

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker red Rubicon Unlimited
I've searched the issue but results typically come back as door removal how to or other issues. Sorry in Advance if this has been covered.

We all know the JL will not move if the door is open or is not closed completely. Is there a bypass for this? It's super annoying trying to pull up in a parking spot, in your yard, on the trail etc and the Jeep won't let you just bc the door is open. What can be done for a work around?
Thanks
Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I've searched the issue but results typically come back as door removal how to or other issues. Sorry in Advance if this has been covered.

We all know the JL will not move if the door is open or is not closed completely. Is there a bypass for this? It's super annoying trying to pull up in a parking spot, in your yard, on the trail etc and the Jeep won't let you just bc the door is open. What can be done for a work around?
Thanks
As of now I think its to plug in the seatbelt...someone on another thread mentioned getting a seatbelt extender so you don't have to do the seatbelt behind the back trick...

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Agree but you have to admit it's annoying to do this just to move the dang vehicle a foot or so. I can't be the only one who thinks this way.
You are not alone Steven. :)

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Hopefully that dumbass actor who killed himself by not putting his grand cherokee in park and getting in front of it is ridiculed in Hell for all the misery he has caused the rest of us...

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So, to recap, you can disable AutoPark by : Unplug door harness ; latch seatbelt, or use Extender ; keep light pressure on brake pedal. The Light Pressure on Brake Pedal works for me, going very slowly anyway in this situation.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Look at it this way - Jeep is doing their part to help kill the dumbass craze of dancing next to a moving car with the door open.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Look at it this way - Jeep is doing their part to help kill the dumbass craze of dancing next to a moving car with the door open.
Huh?

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure this thing died years ago, btw. Seems like most of the videos are 7 to 9 years old.
Well shit, I guess this makes me officially old. Didn't even know it was called "ghost riding the whip".
Dammit