New York City area 4x4 repair shops

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone
Does anyone know any good mechanic shops that have extensive experience with off road vehicles, and Jeeps in particular? I want to have at least a few shops at hand when needed when things go bad and I am unable to figure out what's wrong (read: when I install something myself and majorly screw everything up for example). I see there is a shop in Yonkers (De Dona Enterprises, anyone did anything with them, btw?). This one is quite a distance from where I am at though. Maybe anything good around Brooklyn/Queens areas? Or even the Jersey side?
Sponsored

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Evan is the only guy I trust with any of my Jeeps. And I've had work done by others, in a pinch. But always return to Evan. A bit of a ride from Queens though.

http://www.evans4x4.com/
I'm actually in Brooklyn. It looks like NYC is a forgotten land when it comes to shops like that. A bunch of custom shops around offering chrome 20" wheels and angry face grills but nothing much around with a real deal.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually in Brooklyn. It looks like NYC is a forgotten land when it comes to shops like that. A bunch of custom shops around offering chrome 20" wheels and angry face grills but nothing much around with a real deal.

Evan is the real deal, has an old CJ that he wheels the crap out of. Is also his group's trail doctor.

OP
OP
coolcj7

coolcj7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Evan is the real deal, has an old CJ that he wheels the crap out of. Is also his group's trail doctor.
I will check him out. Just wish it was closer to my location.

Sponsored

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Check out crown auto in flushing. They have an Instagram as well.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

lukdojo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
I'm also looking for a shop in the NYC area for Jeeps... hard to find anything close

spookyjess

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler - 4D
I'm several years late to this post but discovered it when I was trying to find the answer - I tried out Crown Auto based on this thread, and they were the 3rd mechanic I had experience with in the city, and I like them the best. That being said - I moved to the city 8 years ago and this is my first year having a vehicle again, so I'm not the BEST source for what's great. The reasons I liked these guys was they weren't rushing, they weren't over priced, they didn't try to pressure me into unneeded repairs, and they explained every single thing on my invoice. That being said, if you want someone who isn't busy and your car will be in and out - they won't be for you. They replaced all of my fuel injectors, and had the car for a week. ZERO complaints here, just thought I'd mention since some people commute full time, and my jeep is a getaway jeep.

Places I went to before and won't again:
  • Pep Boys (expensive, rude people, rushed, and left a dirty rag under my hood)
  • Ventured to NJ for hopefully a better experience: Chrysler Dodge Jeep of Paramus - polite/kind, but extremely expensive, they also didn't do everything I asked and did not explain. They also pressured me into approving things without showing us what was going on (photos, video)). That was an L for me, though, as I approved them. One of the things I asked them to do was a tune up, which they did not - so I ended up having to find another mechanic, where Crown Auto came in.
  • Prestige Auto (in a hurry, very rushed, and ZERO parking situation so you're lined up, illegally double parked - like i said my first time having a vehicle again and I'm also a rule follower so this was so stressful for me lol)
Hope this helps!

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Ludlow Garage
151 Attorney Street NY NY 10002

Yep, somehow just seeing this thread. But Ludlow is a good resource - these guys are great and get excellent reviews. I've seen them working on more than a few lifted Jeeps and other trucks. And from what I understand, the owners have this garage because it really is their passion.

For mounting and balancing of larger tires, they recommended Whitey's on Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. Super impressive, they have something like 10 bays and handle everything from the most basic wheels/tires to trucks and custom. I went and they were full on and kept single bay full and moving. And, everyone had a good attitude.
I didn't want someone using an impact wrench on my new wheels, so I took them on and off with the guys and everyone was super cool.

For window tinting in NYC, The Art of Tint in Brooklyn is hands down the way to go.
Sponsored