Sponsored

New yeti drag link, how much grease should I put in the ball joints?

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Just got yeti drag link installed. Do the ball joints already pre-greased? How much should I put in ? Thanks for helping
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Best answered by SteerSmarts.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
It didn't come with any kind of greasing instructions? You don't need much. You don't want to grease to the point where the boot is swelled with grease. I would think this part would have come to you with at least some grease in it already.

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
It didn't come with any kind of greasing instructions? You don't need much. You don't want to grease to the point where the boot is swelled with grease. I would think this part would have come to you with at least some grease in it already.
I was surprised that Can’t find any grease info from their instructions. Just sent them an email.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
it should be just good practice if you see a zerk fitting grease it, if it is already grease what ever you put in will be pooped out right away

Sponsored

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
it should be just good practice if you see a zerk fitting grease it, if it is already grease what ever you put in will be pooped out right away
I contact them. They said I should grease it right away after I install. It won’t over grease since it will just pooped out. I put like 30 pumps before it pooped out ....