New Wrangler Rubicon - Fuses not secure in fuse box

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
Yesterday, I just bought a new 2021 JLU Rubicon with the 2.0L engine, and even though I had it 1 night, so far everything seems to be okay with it, with a but....I inspected the relay/fuse box in the engine compartment when I got home and found more than half of the relays and fuses not completely secure, and needed to be pressed down and locked into place. This was also the case on my 2020 JLU Willy's.

I did not have any issues on the drive home, but decided to do a check on the fuse box anyways, based on forum posts and past experience. I'm wondering if these loose relays and fuses is a huge factor in people having issues and not knowing to check. I'm thinking that inspecting the fuse box and relays should be a checklist item for dealers prior to delivery.

Anyways, hopefully I'm preventing a near term headache by doing this check.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It may not help anything or it may actually prevent a problem... but it’s nice knowing everything is well seated.

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I drove my 2018 for a year and a half with loose fuses without issue. Then, on a drive back from another state the radio went out and some other stuff to make me think i blew a fuse. As i stopped at an auto parts store i remembered these multiple threads about loose fuses. After seating them, all went back to normal and haven't had it happen again. I would recommend everyone check them.

Figment

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thanks for the public service announcement. I just picked mine up Thursday and need to check them.

Nixxxster

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD
Thanks for the public service announcement. I just picked mine up Thursday and need to check them.
Yesterday, I just bought a new 2021 JLU Rubicon with the 2.0L engine, and even though I had it 1 night, so far everything seems to be okay with it, with a but....I inspected the relay/fuse box in the engine compartment when I got home and found more than half of the relays and fuses not completely secure, and needed to be pressed down and locked into place. This was also the case on my 2020 JLU Willy's.

I did not have any issues on the drive home, but decided to do a check on the fuse box anyways, based on forum posts and past experience. I'm wondering if these loose relays and fuses is a huge factor in people having issues and not knowing to check. I'm thinking that inspecting the fuse box and relays should be a checklist item for dealers prior to delivery.

Anyways, hopefully I'm preventing a near term headache by doing this check.
Same thing with my 2021 diesel. All the fuse was loose

Sponsored

B.A.Jones

First Name
Adette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 1971 VW Campmobile
I purchased a 2021 JLU Sahara Altitude last week. After reading another thread on here, I checked my fuses. Visually, only one was ill-seated. However, about a third of them produced soft clicks when pressed. Anything else folks have been checking?

Jeep Wrangler JL New Wrangler Rubicon - Fuses not secure in fuse box Jeep fuses