New Wrangler Delivery Visual Checklist

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've seen the two threads for delivery checklist at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/delivery-inspection-checklist.3831/ and
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/delivery-checklist.3453/ but is there a VISUAL inspection before-taking-it-off-the-dealer-lot type list to cover items discussed all throughout these forums? Especially items that the dealer will say you must of caused after you took it home (scratches, etc.). I'm not looking for a 100% complete list of everything that could go wrong, just items that you regretted later due to potential disputes with the dealer. If there isn't an existing list, please respond and I'll create such a list based on your feedback. Example:

1. Check for scratches in the paint.
2. Check for "bubble" paint problems.
3. Check for rips in the leather / cloth seats.
4. Check for non-painted weld spots and/or non-painted rusted weld spots. And where should one look for these and does it need to be up on a lift to see this problem?
5. On the Dual-top option, make sure you can remove and/or put the soft top into position without busting the hard top holding receiver, thus tearing a hole in the side of your brand new $47,000 (plus taxes, dealer fees, etc.) Wrangler.
6. Borrow a step ladder and check for scratches on the freedom panels and top of the hardtop.
7. If a Rubicon, make sure there is a decal on the left and right side of the hood (there was a post stating his Wrangler only had one decal on the driver's side).
8. Etc. ________________
9. Etc. ________________
10. Etc. ________________
11. Etc. ________________

Hope to add some more.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
5. On the Dual-top option, make sure you can remove and/or put the soft top into position without busting the hard top holding receiver, thus tearing a hole in the side of your brand new $47,000 (plus taxes, dealer fees, etc.) Wrangler.
Didn't you already post this thread where I replied that this line item stating that a dealer is not going to do this as they would need to remove the hard top, install the soft top, inspect for you, then remove the soft top completely and install the hard top again?

I know I replied to this. Did you start this thread, delete it, then recreate it again?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Looks like it was on the QTDDTOT thread.
Ahh that is why I thought it was removed. I thought it was a new thread when I originally replied to it. Thanks, at least I know I am not loosing my mind. Well at least not yet! :cwl:

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Didn't you already post this thread where I replied that this line item stating that a dealer is not going to do this as they would need to remove the hard top, install the soft top, inspect for you, then remove the soft top completely and install the hard top again?

I know I replied to this. Did you start this thread, delete it, then recreate it again?
No one replied to the list itself, so I re-posted it in its own dedicated thread. Hopefully I get additions to the list in this thread, as I didn't in the thread of too many topics. I'm hoping to build a more complete list. Does anyone have anything to ADD to the list?

JLU_Pilot

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR - (Lady) ; 2013 Chevy Traverse