Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The other great thing about an electric right now is that they get a free ride on our highways. Electrics are not paying road taxes from gasoline purchases. The problem of lack of road tax coffers is being looked at in CA where electrics are exploding. So, I figure you have about 1 year, maybe 2 in CA, of not paying road taxes on an electric.
Sponsored

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
The other great thing about an electric right now is that they get a free ride on our highways. Electrics are not paying road taxes from gasoline purchases. The problem of lack of road tax coffers is being looked at in CA where electrics are exploding. So, I figure you have about 1 year, maybe 2 in CA, of not paying road taxes on an electric.
There are already other states who have additional fees for EVs registration.

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
In Washington State most of our electricity is produced by Hydro power and EVs pay an additional $150 at annual registration to compensate for not paying tax on gasoline. Search for "EV batteries dirty secret" on the internet and you will be amused to see that the articles always seem to highlight the source of the electricity being used in surface transportation not the pollution created in building the batteries. In the United States the reduction in the cost of natural gas has quickened the conversion of power plants away from coal which is a step in the direction of cleaner. Solar production will be the winner with in the next 25 years.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Wow, might be best car commercial every in history!! LOVE IT

So this seems like the first commercial then. I've been watching and watching and not even a hint or mention of the 4xe that I've seen, so It DOES Exist! I thought we were all being pranked. Mine should be coming in in the next few weeks. Placed my order 12/1!

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
I want to know about fuel range while wheeling in 4 Low for 125 miles, 100 miles from a gas station. Jerry cans are an inconvenient but sensible necessity for 4-6mpg ICE only rides. EVs are plain stupid for that kind of wheeling. If the 4xe can deliver 20mpg equivalent in 4Low, it's a no brainer purchase. No amount of under investment or over optimistic expectation can offset an off road stranding and the taste it can leave in ones mouth depending on benevolent strangers and good weather.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
@HardSell
It's just a hybrid. It still takes gas. You can bring along all the cans you want.
Your snide, non constructive reply is a non sequitur. The electric assist is purposed to use less gas as applied to acceleration or climbing. Otherwise, it's useless. The point is how good is it in 4 low applications? If it delivers 20mpg+ equivalent on 4Low terrain, then it's a worth while option. Why 20mpg? My 32 year old 4 door XJ got 15 mpg through the 4 Low range on long trails.

Last edited:

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Your snide, non constructive reply is a non sequitur. The electric assist is purposed to use less gas as applied to acceleration or climbing. Otherwise, it's useless. The point is how good is it in 4 low applications? If it delivers 20mpg+ equivalent on 4Low terrain, then it's a worth while option. Why 20mpg? My 32 year old 4 door XJ got 15 mpg through the 4 Low range on long trails.
Your 15 year old XJ with an I6 4.0L that reportedly got 16 COMBINED mpg also got 15 mpg in 4LO?

I don't believe you.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/14742.shtml
Sponsored