Sponsored

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
Jeep posted a new ad for the Jeep 4xe and it had me smiling.

Enjoy!

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I can just see it now. ... Rolling into Moab with a 4Xe on a 3axle trailer behind a diesel 1 ton duelly, with a 20Kva diesel Generac mounted on the trailer. Environmentally friendly.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
My wife was watching the Golden Globes last night and called me when she saw the commercial during the show. Caught the last 2/3rds of it. Thought they did a good job.

Best,
-Tim

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Entertaining commercial, for sure.

This is a lot better than the first one they aired awhile ago touting how quiet 4xe was.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I can just see it now. ... Rolling into Moab with a 4Xe on a 3axle trailer behind a diesel 1 ton duelly, with a 20Kva diesel Generac mounted on the trailer.
That reminds me of a few of the guys I see at car shows. They tow their replica Cobras to the show field in enclosed trailers, collect a Best in Class trophy, and load it back up for the haul home.

One year, a fellow with one such trailer queen began to pull in a bit too close to my MG, prompting me to ask him to reposition his "kit car" with a bit more space between us. He didn't have a word for me the entire day. Fine by me. :LOL:

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Call of the wild? I'm having a hard time figuring out how an electric and gas motor has anything to do with wild animals.
If it's in reference to the battery, almost all of our electricity produced to charge the batteries uses fossil fuels.
And the toxic devistation to the environment and wildlife caused by the mining of resources to make the batteries is staggering.

I'm not against electric cars, I think they're a good idea. But I don't like when people lie or hide the facts to make something seem better than it is.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I'll be smiling when my 4xe sitting in a parking lot in Toledo for the last month actually gets down to me....

I guess it's good news though. They would have delayed the commercial running if there was some major problem that was going to hold the cars up for months more. So hopefully they will be coming down soon, fingers crossed.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
If it's in reference to the battery, almost all of our electricity produced to charge the batteries uses fossil fuels.
And the toxic devistation to the environment and wildlife caused by the mining of resources to make the batteries is staggering.
I'm not against electric cars, I think they're a good idea. But I don't like when people lie or hide the facts to make something seem better than it is.
Kirt, this will be my 3rd electric car (1st Hybrid, I have a Chevy Bolt). I personally don't think they are any better for the environment. Batteries are bad, both making and then disposing. My electricity uses fossil fuels to make. I like them because 1) They are more fun to drive (that instant torque) 2) I LOVE having my gas station in my garage so to speak (an it's cheaper to me) 3) I love that the maintenance is almost zero! (Now the 4xe has a gas engine too so that it's as big a deal, but the engine will be used a little less and the break pads last twice as long)

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Back in the last century, there was a TV show named "LA Law". The gorilla reminded me of that.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Kirt, this will be my 3rd electric car (1st Hybrid, I have a Chevy Bolt). I personally don't think they are any better for the environment. Batteries are bad, both making and then disposing. My electricity uses fossil fuels to make. I like them because 1) They are more fun to drive (that instant torque) 2) I LOVE having my gas station in my garage so to speak (an it's cheaper to me) 3) I love that the maintenance is almost zero! (Now the 4xe has a gas engine too so that it's as big a deal, but the engine will be used a little less and the break pads last twice as long)

Yes! I am on the exact same page. I do like electric cars for the same reasons. And with the 4xe you have a choice of full gas or full electric. The 4xe is great.
My only issue is when electric car manufacturers make EVs sound like 🌈🌈 and 🦄🦄.
I think one day they will be. We just need to figure out a better way to make the batteries and improve our EV infrastructure thoughout the US.
Regardless of all that, I will be getting a 4xe next.
Sponsored