Sponsored

New wheels are making the back up sensors go wild.

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I installed wheels with a -12 offset. I can see the hub of the wheel in the camera and the beeping is nonstop. Is there any way to calibrate it or any known fix?
Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I don't know if there's a way to calibrate it, but... You could try an adjustable tire carrier and try adjusting the spare up a little higher to get it out of the sensor's range?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
The camera view has nothing to do with the beeping. The beeping is coming from the little sensors stuck in your bumper there are 4 I believe. Adjust your camera will do nothing to mitigate the sound. You might have a disconnected sensor or broken sensor.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
The camera view has nothing to do with the beeping. The beeping is coming from the little sensors stuck in your bumper there are 4 I believe. Adjust your camera will do nothing to mitigate the sound. You might have a disconnected sensor or broken sensor.
Yes, but his camera view lets us know that the spare is kicked out further than stock and may now be in the park sensor's field.

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if there's a way to calibrate it, but... You could try an adjustable tire carrier and try adjusting the spare up a little higher to get it out of the sensor's range?
^ This. I went to a wheel with a +10 offset for my wife's Jeep and it would trigger the sensors. Fixed by using a spare tire relocation bracket to bring it up about 2". I used the Teraflex kit, though not sure if that will be enough for a -12. Maybe. Or you could look at a different tire carrier.

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
WoW I have a 37"x13.5x17 on the original and nothing at all. Never had the issue of the tire/wheel in the way of the sensors.... good call, I guess I am more fortunate than some in this area?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Also, @Rosco P is your spare touching the bumpstop on the tailgate? If not, the spare could be moving and triggering the park sensors.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Its expensive and heavy, but the Teraflex Alpha HD Adjustable Spare Tire Mount Kit allows you to not only raise the spare, but snug it close to the tailgate. You might be able to use the stock OEM bump stops, or failing that, you can use the JK OEM bump stops which are longer.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed wheels with a -12 offset. I can see the hub of the wheel in the camera and the beeping is nonstop. Is there any way to calibrate it or any known fix?
I have wheels with -12 offset and 37" tires. The issue, as others have said, is the positioning of the spare tire. You need to get the tire closer to the tailgate, with the tire firmly up against and compressing the rubber tire bumpers. When the tire is firmly against the bumpers, it won't shake or rattle and gives maximum clearance for the sensors and camera.

There's several ways to accomplish this, all involve buying an aftermarket tire carrier or relocation bracket. I'm not a fan of the relocation brackets, most of them don't let the tire get close enough to the tailgate. Which necessitates buying longer tire bumpers so the tire isn't shaking.

Or, you could buy a Tazer Mini or Lite and disable the sensors altogether.

I use the Metalcloak Sportgate and have had zero issues with my rear bumper sensors. The FOV for my rear camera is good too, hardly any loss of FOV. There are plenty of other manufacturers who offer quality spare tire carriers.
Sponsored