JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
I’m getting ready to pull the plug and get XD Addicts and BFG T/A KO2 LT315/70R17. . I just wonder if I need to lift my JLU Sahara first. From what I see here it may not need lifted.
Thats almost a 35" tire - If you dont do any off road or curb jumping you may be OK but as soon as you start flexing that you will rub . The Sahara JL is set up to take 33" without issue .

I went through this a few months ago and really wanted the 35's so I ended up lifted and glad I did !!!

077.jpg
Sponsored

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
^this guy was whining about rubbing just 2 days ago, threads not even cool yet

now he’s showing you his 35s like he has been riding for years like this .

Proceed with caution

This is how misinformation spreads.

For the hundredth time 35s aren’t meant for non lifted sports/Sahara. Some people do it but it is an incorrect fitment, like wearing your dads shoes when you were five.

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase

Proceed with caution

For the hundredth time 35s aren’t meant for non lifted sports/Sahara. Some people do it but it is an incorrect fitment, like wearing your dads shoes when you were five.
Thanks

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Do it if you want. It's obviously been done. Don't let this guy scare you.

Sponsored

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Proceed with caution

Thank you EROCK. So what size do you recommend for a non lifted Sahara?

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you EROCK. So what size do you recommend for a non lifted Sahara?
Here are some more sane options IMO:

Meant to share these, as I know Snelldog was contemplating this size / wheel combo (all be it in the grappler) In the end, my 46yr old back kept me worrying over the E load. Nearly tried the Grappler, but after running the BFG since I was 19, I chose to forgo that extra 1” of height for familiarity and known comfort. 285/70/17 on ProComp 7069 17x9 / 4.75 and a -6. I really like the 75’s and wish the KO2 was available in that size. However, the combination of the wider footprint + offset stance extending beyond the flares is precisely what I was hoping for. Leaves me able to flex it in the short term. Hoped to wait for better photos then the parking lot outside wheel shop or Parking garage, but wanted to share for folks debating a pending choice.

44769E0F-A225-4A4C-999C-E5E6997DA9C9.jpeg

F39590B0-59F2-47F7-B793-6AC31B8096B0.jpeg

B7463407-C4C0-43EA-A9EC-CD0AE9C77E8F.jpeg

0C29F9EA-5A87-4FAC-8A8F-2BE23E65D41D.jpeg

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sahara-jl-with-295-70-17-no-lift.6218/#post-149349

IMG_5438.jpg
IMG_5447.jpg
IMG_5448.jpg
IMG_5451.jpg
IMG_5455.jpg

Got her tires and wheels on today, I love it, have not noticed any decrease in handling or power yet, and I'm really pleased with it. The size fits perfect, we removed the bumper connect pieces last night and there seems to be no rubbing. Can't wait to get it off road this weekend to see how it handles.
Ended up going with Pro Comp 17x9 wheels, back space 4.75, offset -6, and Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/75/R17 Thanks for all the help, it has been extremely beneficial.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...red-wrangler-jl-club.1752/page-22#post-138263

See what you think of these?

Hopefully that helps, here is a thread about wheel reccomendations for a Sahara. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-sahara-—-wheel-suggestions.6724/#post-147941

Search Function ladies and gents....it's a beautiful thing :involve:

mcclain

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU - White
Here are some more sane options IMO:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sahara-jl-with-295-70-17-no-lift.6218/#post-149349

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...red-wrangler-jl-club.1752/page-22#post-138263

See what you think of these?

Hopefully that helps, here is a thread about wheel reccomendations for a Sahara. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-sahara-—-wheel-suggestions.6724/#post-147941

Search Function ladies and gents....it's a beautiful thing :involve:
I've been running these tires for over a month now, I've driven back and forth from Austin to Dallas twice, off road the tires handle beautifully, in town they are amazing, flying down the freeway around 85...well it's a jeep but handles pretty darn good and they are very quiet. These by far are my favorite tires that I have ran on, I think the Procomp MT's being my least favorite, but good tires too all in all. The size is great for the stock jeep, gives it a beefy look without putting too much stress on the jeep and since i'm not doing any rock crawling when i'm off road really they do everything I need them to do. Performance and handling stayed comparable to when I drove it off the lot, particularly in town. My rough country budget boost goes on tomorrow...If I had known when I got these tires that I would still go ahead and do the lift I most likely would have gone with the 35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grappler. But stock these things are perfect. I ran 37's on my last jeep with a super chip, and the performance was pretty damn great for a JK, but I tell you what, after running it for 2 years and putting alot of highway miles on it those 37's cost you a fortune in the long run in the wear and tear on your jeep. Best of luck man, whatever way you go you are gonna love it.

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I've been running these tires for over a month now, I've driven back and forth from Austin to Dallas twice, off road the tires handle beautifully, in town they are amazing, flying down the freeway around 85...well it's a jeep but handles pretty darn good and they are very quiet. These by far are my favorite tires that I have ran on, I think the Procomp MT's being my least favorite, but good tires too all in all. The size is great for the stock jeep, gives it a beefy look without putting too much stress on the jeep and since i'm not doing any rock crawling when i'm off road really they do everything I need them to do. Performance and handling stayed comparable to when I drove it off the lot, particularly in town. My rough country budget boost goes on tomorrow...If I had known when I got these tires that I would still go ahead and do the lift I most likely would have gone with the 35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grappler. But stock these things are perfect.
Did this size affect the backup camera?

Sponsored

EROCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks perfect with the height of the rubicon!