NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks JP, despite what some say on here, my experience with you guys and customer service has been impeccable. Now, I wish I didnt have any issues, but sh*t happens. You guys got me square on the pre-runners, as well as a reverse light that didnt work out of the box no questions asked in the past 2 weeks.
Thanks John! Happy to hear you're satisfied with your experience with us.
Sponsored

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
@JP_Oracle
Is the moisture issue due to the wires in the back or the lenses meeting with the plastic?
Mine are certainly more than a haze or fog. They are kind of filled with water, or full droplets on the back side of the lense since I installed them last week or 2 weeks ago. What was the QC issue that was supposedly fixed? Anything I can do on my end so i dont have to get new ones and uninstall and reinstall and hope it doesnt happen in 2 days again?

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit D1D088AF-BE84-4F90-A923-E9B539015054
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 083FDB43-DD5B-43F7-9734-A285735E4BB9
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 81086BB8-C0EE-46FE-8B69-0E3CC88F0D59

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JP_Oracle
Is the moisture issue due to the wires in the back or the lenses meeting with the plastic?
Mine are certainly more than a haze or fog. They are kind of filled with water, or full droplets on the back side of the lense since I installed them last week or 2 weeks ago. What was the QC issue that was supposedly fixed? Anything I can do on my end so i dont have to get new ones and uninstall and reinstall and hope it doesnt happen in 2 days again?

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 81086BB8-C0EE-46FE-8B69-0E3CC88F0D59
The original issue was seal related, yes. That was a small batch and was corrected almost immediately.

I'm really only able to speculate a diagnosis here without physically having the parts to inspect. It looks like it may be a little heavier of a case of misting, enough to form droplets. If so, applying low to moderate heat to the lenses for a bit should clear it up & eventually it will stop happening.

If at any point you want to swap these out, shoot me your order details and we'll get you sorted. :like:

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
The original issue was seal related, yes. That was a small batch and was corrected almost immediately.

I'm really only able to speculate a diagnosis here without physically having the parts to inspect. It looks like it may be a little heavier of a case of misting, enough to form droplets. If so, applying low to moderate heat to the lenses for a bit should clear it up & eventually it will stop happening.

If at any point you want to swap these out, shoot me your order details and we'll get you sorted. :like:
thanks, ill blow dry em and go from there

l1lypad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Could these hypothetically be used as a turn signal option? Say instead of the 3W Billet Amber Rock light y’all suggest to use as an alternative turn signal when removing the stock fender turn signal?

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could these hypothetically be used as a turn signal option? Say instead of the 3W Billet Amber Rock light y’all suggest to use as an alternative turn signal when removing the stock fender turn signal?
Sure, it could. You would just need to separate the wiring and tap into your signal wiring on the truck.

l1lypad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I went ahead and bought these super happy with how they look. I have them hooked up as drl currently but Is there a way to make the outer leds both a drl and turn signal or is that not possible? My goal is to replace the OEM fenders with a non-lighted fender option.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
I went ahead and bought these super happy with how they look. I have them hooked up as drl currently but Is there a way to make the outer leds both a drl and turn signal or is that not possible? My goal is to replace the OEM fenders with a non-lighted fender option.
You would have to separate the wires from the harness and then tap into the turn signal but sure! We also have the Oculus Switchback that is perfect if you replace OE fenders.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Thanks for the picture. Those do look pretty good. And they would look even better paired with a set of amber backlit LP6 lights on the bumper, along with a stinger, and a pair of amber backlit LP4s on the cowlings ... on my Jeep. ;) H'mm, a plan is coming together.

Wait, I kind of just described your Jeep, LOL.
Either of you end up adding LP6s backlit with these? I'm considering pulling the trigger, since I'll be pulling the winch/bumper to swap to a black grille... I have LP6s that are backlit in amber already and wondering whether to add these.

kornface13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, F-150, Wrangler
Maybe this is my fault.... but I really think you all should be way more clear that if you follow the install video, these only come on when the headlights are on or when you manually switch the lights to park mode. I think most folks keep their light switch on auto, which means these only come on at night. I wanted these to be on all the time. Wiring to the factory auxiliary switches is infinitely easier to do (no digging into your wheel wells and actually lets me have these always on. Yall should definitely at least mention the aux switch option or the wiring to a fuse option at the beginning of the video so people don't waste their time like I did for a setup they don't even want.

They look absolutely incredible though, so thanks for a kick ass product at a very reasonable price!

Sponsored

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2013 C63 AMG
Occupation
Technology
Has anyone found or devised a better solution vs using the T-Tap and cutting into the factory wire?

hammten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PBJ JLUR 4xe
Just installed these lights on my 2021 JLUR 4xe this past weekend, and I love how they look at night! ORACLE did a fantastic job with designing the newer/universal version of the pre-runner lights. The older version of the ORACLE pre-runner lights for JL or JT fit the bill when there was nothing else out there, but eventually, the washers used to stabilize the lights would rust if you lived in a place where it snows (or at least my brother-in-law's JT had washer rusting issues).

Anyway, in order to get the two lateral most lights on each side to sit as high as the middle three lights, I had to use a Dremel tool to grind the top most horizontal grille honeycomb. If you are trying to install the three lights in the position that the video shows, you might be able to get away with forcing the connector plug through the honeycomb (or temporarily de-pin the plug), but the light housing/enclosure (where the power wire exits) won't let you install the lights as deep into the grille.

View attachment 825579
Installed these on my 2021 JLUR 4xe this past weekend, and I couldn't be happier!

Since I didn't want to splice into the parking lights in the fender, I opted to power the LEDs by using an add-a-circuit (Micro 2) fuse holder. To mirror how the power wire for the front-facing integrated off-road JL TrailCam runs on the driver's side, I installed waterproof connector plugs on the passenger's side and routed the wiring in the engine bay to the fuse box.

Since I have stock LED headlights, I followed the instructions that ORACLE recommends for connecting the DRL function of their Oculus 9" Bi-LED headlights as a way to power the ORACLE pre-runner lights, I installed the add-a-circuit to Fuse #52, which taps into the "CIGAR LTR" area.

Per ORACLE customer service, each pre-runner light only uses 0.25W, so 7 x 0.25W = 1.75W total. With this in mind, when looking at 12V power to calculate what the current load is in use, you'd only need ~0.15A of current and a minimum ~0.18A fuse rating. Most common Micro2 fuses come in 5-30A ratings, so a 5A fuse is more than sufficient to protect this circuit.

On a side note, since the pre-runner lights come in multiples of 3, if you're trying to replicate this setup, you will need to splice the ORACLE wiring harness or do extensive cable management on the interior of the grille to accommodate 3 harnesses. To keep things as original as possible, I opted to utilize all three wiring harnesses for the 7 LEDs, and I covered the two unused plugs with electrical tape for protection. For cable management purposes, I used a lot of adhesive back cable tie mounts to secure the harnesses to the interior vertical columns, so that you cannot see any wiring unless you uninstalled the grille.

View attachment 825579
I just saw that this longer thread existed. I attached my posts from a couple of other threads to consolidate my thoughts and what I did when installing these lights. Hope this helps anyone out if they're considering a 7 light install.

hammten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PBJ JLUR 4xe
Has anyone found or devised a better solution vs using the T-Tap and cutting into the factory wire?
I used an add-a-circuit fuse holder to install mine, so I didn't have to splice into my Jeep's factory wiring for the park light.

hammten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PBJ JLUR 4xe
Maybe this is my fault.... but I really think you all should be way more clear that if you follow the install video, these only come on when the headlights are on or when you manually switch the lights to park mode. I think most folks keep their light switch on auto, which means these only come on at night. I wanted these to be on all the time. Wiring to the factory auxiliary switches is infinitely easier to do (no digging into your wheel wells and actually lets me have these always on. Yall should definitely at least mention the aux switch option or the wiring to a fuse option at the beginning of the video so people don't waste their time like I did for a setup they don't even want.

They look absolutely incredible though, so thanks for a kick ass product at a very reasonable price!
Installing these by using an add-a-circuit fuse holder to Fuse #52 will allow them to be on, as soon as the Jeep's ignition is on, regardless of the time of day.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@ORACLElights - is there an updated version of this for 2024 grill? OR a 4-lights version

On 2024 grills the stock camera is all the way up on the corner of the middle slot leaving no room for installing this light. Hence it would be great if you can offer a 4 light version - to skip the center and install it on 1,3,5, and 7th slots.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 1702445067914
Sponsored