NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit

Red_Rubi21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve actually had nothing but issues with this new design. 3 replacement sets and still get condensation in each light in only a few hours. The LEDs are not very bright on the tinted version and out of 3 sets (9 lights) only 3 of the LEDs have been straight inside the lens. Really cool design but definitely need a lot of QC work
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit A5ABB4D7-4E7E-45AA-89C0-EA4974A5EA3F
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 70BB30C9-01DE-4ED0-B5B6-74A1055AC892
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit AE5949B6-4EF4-4AB4-93E5-1C10232084DC
Sponsored

griffinm

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve actually had nothing but issues with this new design. 3 replacement sets and still get condensation in each light in only a few hours. The LEDs are not very bright on the tinted version and out of 3 sets (9 lights) only 3 of the LEDs have been straight inside the lens. Really cool design but definitely need a lot of QC work
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit AE5949B6-4EF4-4AB4-93E5-1C10232084DC
I also had water quickly show up in my lenses as well. Oracle customer support was very responsive and sent me a replacement set. All of my LEDs were straight but I definitely think there could/should be better sealing around the lenses to prevent water from entering. I thought about returning the lights until a better design comes out but I just love the look too much and there’s nothing else on the market. I decided to put clear automotive silicone sealant around the lense where it meets the black, back base. (~$6 at Home Depot). While I was at it, I put silicone on the back where the wires enter the back of the lights. Knock on wood, zero water in the lenses so far and I’ve gone thru several heavy downpours.
FWIW - I have the clear lenses and they are very bright. I think the smoked lenses might look better on the black grille, but I was worried about them not being as bright. Sounds like that is indeed the case.

Red_Rubi21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also had water quickly show up in my lenses as well. Oracle customer support was very responsive and sent me a replacement set. All of my LEDs were straight but I definitely think there could/should be better sealing around the lenses to prevent water from entering. I thought about returning the lights until a better design comes out but I just love the look too much and there’s nothing else on the market. I decided to put clear automotive silicone sealant around the lense where it meets the black, back base. (~$6 at Home Depot). While I was at it, I put silicone on the back where the wires enter the back of the lights. Knock on wood, zero water in the lenses so far and I’ve gone thru several heavy downpours.
FWIW - I have the clear lenses and they are very bright. I think the smoked lenses might look better on the black grille, but I was worried about them not being as bright. Sounds like that is indeed the case.
Never thought about the silicone sealant, might be what I need to do. Yeah the tinted is definitely very dull in light compared to what I’ve seen on the clear, which is unfortunate being that I do have the black grille. Oracle was very responsive with me as well and after 3 sets I finally just asked to have the older round style sent to me as I know they will be “straight” LOL!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hey all! Sorry to see you are having issues with the pre runner kit. We do have a warranty on this and are happy to replace this for you.

We made some changes to the next production run to address the condensation and led line issue. Any replacement you receive would have this corrected.

Please reach out to us directly if you need to complete a warranty claim.

https://www.oraclelights.com/pages/warranty-faq

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I was advised by Oracle that If I wanted the pre-runners on when the Jeep turns on and to stay on all the time, I can tap into fuse F52 with a 5A fuse for the new circuit.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit DE5033D6-486C-4CD7-864F-6AE9A1709CA1

I did this install Thursday evening .. The next day at around 5pm, I tried to turn on the Jeep but the engine would not start, the dash was working fine .. After about 10 minutes and trying to start the Jeep multiple times, the engine finally started and I was able to drive.

On my drive my touch screen re-booted once.

I decided to ditch the fuse tap and connected the power to one of my aux switches and it’s fine.

I really do like these lights .. but I’m just disappointed that:
- The shipping was more then the lights themselves
- My first set was DOA
- I spent an extra $20 on a fuse tap/fuse
- I got a hole in my fuse box cover, which I will need to replace

I’m not a mechanical/electric guru, so I’m not sure if these lights caused the issue.

Anyways, that’s been my story so far, again, I like these lights, but YMMV.

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was advised by Oracle that If I wanted the pre-runners on when the Jeep turns on and to stay on all the time, I can tap into fuse F52 with a 5A fuse for the new circuit.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit DE5033D6-486C-4CD7-864F-6AE9A1709CA1

I did this install Thursday evening .. The next day at around 5pm, I tried to turn on the Jeep but the engine would not start, the dash was working fine .. After about 10 minutes and trying to start the Jeep multiple times, the engine finally started and I was able to drive.

On my drive my touch screen re-booted once.

I decided to ditch the fuse tap and connected the power to one of my aux switches and it’s fine.

I really do like these lights .. but I’m just disappointed that:
- The shipping was more then the lights themselves
- My first set was DOA
- I spent an extra $20 on a fuse tap/fuse
- I got a hole in my fuse box cover, which I will need to replace

I’m not a mechanical/electric guru, so I’m not sure if these lights caused the issue.

Anyways, that’s been my story so far, again, I like these lights, but YMMV.
Hey There,

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. F52 is for the Cigar Lighter, so not sure that would cause the Jeep to not start. I've read several posts here about that happening and the issue being traced down to a few misc fuses being not pushed in all the way from the factory - So i'd for sure check that.

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
@ORACLElights

I’ve had the same issue with the moisture and uneven LED. I sent an email to customer relations for a replacement.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit D97DF439-DEC5-4D49-8108-F3A38B73A08E

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 9200FFC6-8487-4E7A-A01E-6E41E0A3C783

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
@ORACLElights

I’ve had the same issue with the moisture and uneven LED. I sent an email to customer relations for a replacement.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 9200FFC6-8487-4E7A-A01E-6E41E0A3C783

Hello, Sorry to see you are having issues with the pre runner kit. We do have a warranty on this and are happy to replace this for you.

We made some changes to the next production run to address the condensation and led line issue. Any replacement you receive would have this corrected.

bio86250

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys, 2022 JL Willys Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hey all! Sorry to see you are having issues with the pre runner kit. We do have a warranty on this and are happy to replace this for you.

@ORACLElights I was thinking about this light kit, has the team solved the moisture issue?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
These say "Plug and Play", what do they plug into? Can they be strobed using my strobe controller?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
These say "Plug and Play", what do they plug into? Can they be strobed using my strobe controller?

Since we have not wired them to a strobe controller before, we can't say for sure it would work. You can either tap into your parking lights which will give you manual control over the LEDs during daytime driving or if you are wanting them on all the time, you can connect them to the F52 fuse.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
@ORACLElights Any chance you guys would offer a plug and play harness option similar to what you do for the bumper mount reverse lights? id gladly pay up not to use t-taps. Quadratec's pre-runners plug in between a factory harness, but I prefer your lights and not cutting my grill as you need to for theirs

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ORACLElights Any chance you guys would offer a plug and play harness option similar to what you do for the bumper mount reverse lights? id gladly pay up not to use t-taps. Quadratec's pre-runners plug in between a factory harness, but I prefer your lights and not cutting my grill as you need to for theirs
Unfortunately, not at this time. We wanted to offer a kit at a low price point & would not be able to do that with a specialized harness such as that.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Unfortunately, not at this time. We wanted to offer a kit at a low price point & would not be able to do that with a specialized harness such as that.
All good, thanks for the fast response!
Sponsored