Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit
5889_Front_1024x1024.png

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style

Get a sleek, aggressive style with the Universal Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit -- now in a new style! This auxiliary grill light design features a new housing with a diffused lens to provide a more factory appearance. Available with clear lenses and tinted lenses, 15x amber LEDs are arranged in a vertical, linear fashion for an ultra-modern appearance. These bright pre-runner lights give the front end of your vehicle a vibrant look that makes a bold statement on any terrain.

Clear:
5889-005-C_D_1024x1024.jpg

Tinted:
5889-005-T_D_1024x1024.jpg

This new style kit adds 3x LED pre-runner lights to the front grill of your vehicle without any modification, cutting, or drilling. Enjoy a plug-and-play design made to be fast and easy with reliability and durability to last through any adventure. The universal kit installs into the opening holes of the grill on most vehicles. The wider vertical grill light design makes it a good choice for larger holes and for use with trail cameras. The included wiring harness reduces installation time by using a plug-and-play system with offset cable lengths to make cable management easier. Style your vehicle with pre-runner lights that are practical and unique for the ultimate customized look!

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style

new_style_pre-runner_1.png
Sponsored

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Hi @ORACLElights, a couple questions:

1. Are both options amber? The tint just impacts how they look when off?

2. Would this fit the 4xe?

3. Looks like the install and pictures shows them being paired with the parking lights. I’m assuming it’s possible to pair with the running lights?

thanks!

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi @ORACLElights, a couple questions:

3. Looks like the install and pictures shows them being paired with the parking lights. I’m assuming it’s possible to pair with the running lights?

thanks!
Yes, both are amber LED.
This will fit all Wranglers and Gladiators
This can be wired to whichever source you like. Our instructions are for park lights.

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Yes, both are amber LED.
This can be wired to whichever source you like. Our instructions are for park lights.
Is the tinted style darker when lit than the clear? Do you have pictures of each?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the tinted style darker when lit than the clear? Do you have pictures of each?
Not by much...but inherently due to being a tinted lens, yes.

Sponsored

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2013 C63 AMG
Occupation
Technology
Am I missing something? I see it listed as plug an play, but it looks like it is a t-tap type connection for power and separate wire to the ground post. Maybe I am mistaken.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Am I missing something? I see it listed as plug an play, but it looks like it is a t-tap type connection for power and separate wire to the ground post. Maybe I am mistaken.
Well you do plug it into the t-taps. 😄

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Yes, both are amber LED.
This may be a stupid question, but under what circumstances will the park lights be illuminated? Just when I have the parking lights on? Or does that wire receive power when the vehicle is running/driving and headlights are both on or off? Reason for the question: I want these pre-runner lights to be on while driving in any circumstance, and wondering if this "park light" installation is the right one and I'm overthinking it.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
This may be a stupid question, but under what circumstances will the park lights be illuminated? Just when I have the parking lights on? Or does that wire receive power when the vehicle is running/driving and headlights are both on or off? Reason for the question: I want these pre-runner lights to be on while driving in any circumstance, and wondering if this "park light" installation is the right one and I'm overthinking it.
If you are wanting them to be on at all times, you can wire to ignition power that way they will come on when starting the vehicle. Wiring to parking lights will mean they will operate as day time running lights.

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
If you are wanting them to be on at all times, you can wire to ignition power that way they will come on when starting the vehicle. Wiring to parking lights will mean they will operate as day time running lights.
Apologies again for another stupid question. Can’t find much information on DRL’s online. Would these turn off at night or do the wrangler DRL’s stay on even in the dark alongside the headlights? In other words, if I follow the instructions as you have them, in what situations will these be illuminated? Real rookie with JL wiring.

Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I know you can wire these to be DRL's and be on whenever you start your jeep, but please don't tell me you are not offering the new style in clear/white LED's ? I don't want amber.
Thanks.

Oh, these are physically bigger?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Apologies again for another stupid question. Can’t find much information on DRL’s online. Would these turn off at night or do the wrangler DRL’s stay on even in the dark alongside the headlights? In other words, if I follow the instructions as you have them, in what situations will these be illuminated? Real rookie with JL wiring.
No problem. It really depends on how you want them on. If you want them on when the car is running I suggest the Ignition. If you want them on with the DRLS, you would do parking lights. I always suggest ignition so it is on all the time. But this is a personal preference.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
I know you can wire these to be DRL's and be on whenever you start your jeep, but please don't tell me you are not offering the new style in clear/white LED's ? I don't want amber.
Thanks.

Oh, these are physically bigger?
These are currently only available in Amber LED. Also they are wider but not larger.

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
No problem. It really depends on how you want them on. If you want them on when the car is running I suggest the Ignition. If you want them on with the DRLS, you would do parking lights. I always suggest ignition so it is on all the time. But this is a personal preference.
But what I don’t understand is the DRL’s themselves. I have the LED package, so it looks like the halos and fender lights are illuminated during the day when lights are set to Auto. At night, do these lights (and presumably the pre-runner lights that would be tapped into these lights) stay on when the headlamps turn on, thus keeping the pre-runner lights illuminated?

Just want to ensure that if I tap into the Park lights, these pre-runner lights will be on both during the day and night,
both parked and driving.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Oh, well. Guess I can't complain too much, they are free, my Daughter was/is going to get them for me for Fathers Day. I like these better because they are bigger and look like they fit the Wrangler grill better.

So I guess I will get the smoked lens ones, my grill is black, should look good even off. Just hope they make enough light during the day.

Thanks.
Sponsored