NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
@XxsullyxX123 I have a set on the way and I can’t wait to get them installed. I also have the LED package on my Jeep and I was wondering how you ultimately wound up wiring these lights up? Can you provide any feedback of what wires you tapped into? Any videos or pictures of the installation as well would be greatly appreciated. Electrical
Is not my thing 🤦🏻‍♂️
Unfortunately its all buttoned back up and I didnt take pics, as I am not a big picture during installation guy. I'm more of a cursing during installation kind of guy. First off, some of the install videos have you popping the rivets out of the most exterior edge of the fender and need to replace those. DON'T DO THAT. The 3 bolts and 3 christmas tree fasteners on the fender liner itself are all that need to be done.

To your question, for the LED lights it is not the 3 wires that are referenced in the install guides. it is 2 wires that split off of a larger bundle that goes to the DRL/Blinker. if you start at the orange corner LED parking light, you will see 2 wires come off of it. Black and white (more cream colored on mine) that is taped up that go to a small connector which on the other side of the connector is just a black and the white with the orange/brownish line. you can tap on either side of the connector and it will work just fine. black ground, white or white with stripe is parking power. There is less slack to work with than in any of the videos I've seen even after popping off the zip tie that clips the wires in that area, so its tight quarters. otherwise it was pretty easy. the 22 gauge wires are really really thin, so it is a little tedious clasping up the taps, but just take your time and make sure its lined up before using plier to bite down.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored

Kevin_S1126

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Unfortunately its all buttoned back up and I didnt take pics, as I am not a big picture during installation guy. I'm more of a cursing during installation kind of guy. First off, some of the install videos have you popping the rivets out of the most exterior edge of the fender and need to replace those. DON'T DO THAT. The 3 bolts and 3 christmas tree fasteners on the fender liner itself are all that need to be done.

To your question, for the LED lights it is not the 3 wires that are referenced in the install guides. it is 2 wires that split off of a larger bundle that goes to the DRL/Blinker. if you start at the orange corner LED parking light, you will see 2 wires come off of it. Black and white (more cream colored on mine) that is taped up that go to a small connector which on the other side of the connector is just a black and the white with the orange/brownish line. you can tap on either side of the connector and it will work just fine. black ground, white or white with stripe is parking power. There is less slack to work with than in any of the videos I've seen even after popping off the zip tie that clips the wires in that area, so its tight quarters. otherwise it was pretty easy. the 22 gauge wires are really really thin, so it is a little tedious clasping up the taps, but just take your time and make sure its lined up before using plier to bite down.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for your reply. Hopefully it will
Make more sense once I get the lights and I get to open up the fender and see everything first hand.

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
What is the measured height and width of the lens of the lights and the measured width between mounting hole centers?

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JP_Oracle,

Can you answer my question about the Quadratec wiring harness?
No they will not. DRL circuit is only operable in day mode. In night mode the park lights turn on.

Sponsored

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The LEDs I just bought 2 weeks ago (and just got fully installed when I got the new wiring harness as the first was faulty) have moisture in them. I was under the impression this was corrected a few months back. In any event, will this affect the life of the LED or short them out? Otherwise with the smoked lenses it’s not noticeable and doesn’t bother me at all. Thanks.

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The LEDs I just bought 2 weeks ago (and just got fully installed when I got the new wiring harness as the first was faulty) have moisture in them. I was under the impression this was corrected a few months back. In any event, will this affect the life of the LED or short them out? Otherwise with the smoked lenses it’s not noticeable and doesn’t bother me at all. Thanks.
@JP_Oracle

I thought this issue was fixed?

I just purchased a set of these. But, I haven't installed them yet.

I'd like to know if this issue truly has been addressed before I install (and possibly need to reinstall) them.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ORACLElights

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JP_Oracle

I thought this issue was fixed?

I just purchased a set of these. But, I haven't installed them yet.

I'd like to know if this issue truly has been addressed before I install (and possibly need to reinstall) them.

It was addressed. However, if any other cases pop-up we can 100% replace them under warranty.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was addressed. However, if any other cases pop-up we can 100% replace them under warranty.
Does the moisture affect the life of the LED's? If not I'm fine to live with it. The Moisture got in right after install and doesnt want to dissipate on its own it seems. I can blow dry need be

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
1. Are both options amber? The tint just impacts how they look when off?
Yes, both are amber LED.
2. Would this fit the 4xe?
This will fit all Wranglers and Gladiators
3. Looks like the install and pictures shows them being paired with the parking lights. I’m assuming it’s possible to pair with the running lights?
This can be wired to whichever source you like. Our instructions are for park lights.
I'm guessing it won't work with the forward facing camera if you have that option.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 1674140467928

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the moisture affect the life of the LED's? If not I'm fine to live with it. The Moisture got in right after install and doesnt want to dissipate on its own it seems. I can blow dry need be
If it just looks like a light fogging on the lens, it shouldn't. However, if it does, just be sure to reach out so we can get that replaced for you. No hassle!

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing it won't work with the forward facing camera if you have that option.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 1674140467928
Yes, these will work with the trail cam.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit 1674140957640

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it just looks like a light fogging on the lens, it shouldn't. However, if it does, just be sure to reach out so we can get that replaced for you. No hassle!
Thanks JP, despite what some say on here, my experience with you guys and customer service has been impeccable. Now, I wish I didnt have any issues, but sh*t happens. You guys got me square on the pre-runners, as well as a reverse light that didnt work out of the box no questions asked in the past 2 weeks.