Sponsored

NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Putting the lights on everything defeats the DOT purpose. When every vehicle of every size is wearing them they communicate nothing.
Sponsored

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2020 Honda Pilot Touring
Actually good for thought. with a stock rubicon width of 74” and 37s on properly backspaced wheels, I bet many of our Jeeps are actually 80” wide now.

that being said i disagree and I think 50” lightsbars on the roof are like angry grills. Don’t see many people with these lights.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Actually good for thought. with a stock rubicon width of 74” and 37s on properly backspaced wheels, I bet many of our Jeeps are actually 80” wide now.

that being said i disagree and I think 50” lightsbars on the roof are like angry grills. Don’t see many people with these lights.
I guess one difference is the light bar actually has a purpose, even if most don’t see that use.

On the other hand, I respect and defend everybody’s right to modify their Jeeps as they see fit, even if that means angry grills, 35” tires on 28” chrome rims, and goober lights. The fact that these things make me cringe is irrelevant.

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ORACLElights and @JP_Oracle I made a few posts friday and saturday going through my install process. Any advice? wiring harness has power to all 3 connectors, but all 3 lights won't light. They all had QC stickers on the back, and fresh cellophane so I'd imagine they were tested. could it be the wiring or the connector and the ends off the back of the LED or is it possible all 3 LED's are dead. Doesn't make sense

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
@ORACLElights
I have a question about wiring these with the factory LED. Watching video install it says to tap into DRL,with 3 wires, my LED is 5 wires and I surely don't want to mess up factory LED. Do I just tap into the black for ground and white with brown for power even on the LED wires?
Are you wanting to tape into the parking light or the fuse to turn on with ignition?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
@ORACLElights and @JP_Oracle I made a few posts friday and saturday going through my install process. Any advice? wiring harness has power to all 3 connectors, but all 3 lights won't light. They all had QC stickers on the back, and fresh cellophane so I'd imagine they were tested. could it be the wiring or the connector and the ends off the back of the LED or is it possible all 3 LED's are dead. Doesn't make sense
Hello! I need to connect you with a tech. Can you call direct to me and I can get you to my guys?
#504-322-4094

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello! I need to connect you with a tech. Can you call direct to me and I can get you to my guys?
#504-322-4094
Thank you for connecting me to Scott. after talking to him for some ideas on further testing, the LEDs do in fact work. It led me to further testing and it turns out the ground in the supplied wiring harness is no good. power is good, no ground . the black wire must be severed somewhere in the sheathing. By probing a separate wire from a ground screw to the back of one of the connectors on one of the LEDs wiring, it lights all 3 as it completes the circuit. even taking the splice off the ground wire at the parking light and grounding it elsewhere does nothing. so it is in fact the ground wiring within the supplied cable. I can't sustainably ground it off of the back of the male connector on one of the LEDs though. is there any way new cabling can be sent?

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Thank you for connecting me to Scott. after talking to him for some ideas on further testing, the LEDs do in fact work. It led me to further testing and it turns out the ground in the supplied wiring harness is no good. power is good, no ground . the black wire must be severed somewhere in the sheathing. By probing a separate wire from a ground screw to the back of one of the connectors on one of the LEDs wiring, it lights all 3 as it completes the circuit. even taking the splice off the ground wire at the parking light and grounding it elsewhere does nothing. so it is in fact the ground wiring within the supplied cable. I can't sustainably ground it off of the back of the male connector on one of the LEDs though. is there any way new cabling can be sent?
Dming you!

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
NEW! Updated Design Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit
5889_Front_1024x1024.png

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style

Get a sleek, aggressive style with the Universal Pre-Runner Style LED Grill Light Kit -- now in a new style! This auxiliary grill light design features a new housing with a diffused lens to provide a more factory appearance. Available with clear lenses and tinted lenses, 15x amber LEDs are arranged in a vertical, linear fashion for an ultra-modern appearance. These bright pre-runner lights give the front end of your vehicle a vibrant look that makes a bold statement on any terrain.

Clear:
5889-005-C_D_1024x1024.jpg

Tinted:
5889-005-T_D_1024x1024.jpg

This new style kit adds 3x LED pre-runner lights to the front grill of your vehicle without any modification, cutting, or drilling. Enjoy a plug-and-play design made to be fast and easy with reliability and durability to last through any adventure. The universal kit installs into the opening holes of the grill on most vehicles. The wider vertical grill light design makes it a good choice for larger holes and for use with trail cameras. The included wiring harness reduces installation time by using a plug-and-play system with offset cable lengths to make cable management easier. Style your vehicle with pre-runner lights that are practical and unique for the ultimate customized look!

https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...re-runner-style-led-grill-light-kit-new-style

new_style_pre-runner_1.png
I have these and love them! Christmas present from the hubby and he put them on while i was out of the country. They look perfect!

Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Happily Retired
Excuse the mud but you can see my new pre runner lights from Oracle :) i had so many compliments and people asking where i got them from!

2E243ABA-0301-444F-BCBF-CC10D3A2DEAB.jpeg

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Excuse the mud but you can see my new pre runner lights from Oracle :) i had so many compliments and people asking where i got them from!

2E243ABA-0301-444F-BCBF-CC10D3A2DEAB.jpeg
Thanks for the picture. Those do look pretty good. And they would look even better paired with a set of amber backlit LP6 lights on the bumper, along with a stinger, and a pair of amber backlit LP4s on the cowlings ... on my Jeep. ;) H'mm, a plan is coming together.

Wait, I kind of just described your Jeep, LOL.

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Happily Retired
Thanks for the picture. Those do look pretty good. And they would look even better paired with a set of amber backlit LP6 lights on the bumper, along with a stinger, and a pair of amber backlit LP4s on the cowlings ... on my Jeep. ;) H'mm, a plan is coming together.

Wait, I kind of just described your Jeep, LOL.
LP4s on the hoop and Squadron Sports on the A pillar. Perfection when on the trail late in the afternoon :).

XxsullyxX123

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the excellent customer service and fast shipping on the new pre runner wiring harness, after the other had a grounding issue. @ORACLElights
It arrived today and I wired it up and the lights look great.

Kevin_S1126

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@XxsullyxX123 I have a set on the way and I can’t wait to get them installed. I also have the LED package on my Jeep and I was wondering how you ultimately wound up wiring these lights up? Can you provide any feedback of what wires you tapped into? Any videos or pictures of the installation as well would be greatly appreciated. Electrical
Is not my thing 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored