donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Eh, not really an issue anymore with the later versions of the UConnect software. Besides, I'm far beyond a warranty and I'm not paying a dealership $125 to plug in a USB stick.
I got my update done for free through a TSB. They were not able to update the device so they swapped the radio for a new one.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is interested in updating to 40.1 via USB, the update files are located via the link below.
Updated mine from 34.23 to 40.1 during the night (kicked it off and went to bed) and no issues. I have been receiving the "Device Not Supported" error more and more often since I upgraded my phone so I am hoping this version will eliminate that.

Thanks @Spank!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick addition to my "after update to 40.1" experience:

1. I have Android Auto now (never had it before) and it works well.
2. The indexing of music files on a USB stick is much faster than before and I mean on the order of 10x faster.
3. I no longer have the "Device Not Supported" error appearing (Samsung S22 Ultra) and it would happen multiple times per minute to the point of being so annoying and disruptive that I would just disconnect the phone. This started after I upgraded to a Sumsung S21 Ultra and became more problematic when I moved to an S22 Ultra.

One question for anyone and @Spank - is 40.1 the latest and greatest FW for the 8.4 system?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, I did this update to 40.1 with the provided file and install of it left me with no Sirius XM, no backup camera and no Off Road Pages.. 8-(

I have done 3 total power kills and given it all morning but no change..

We will see if in the next day or so all gets back to normal.

-I see no b/u icon, no reference at all to XM.

Prior to doing this update all was aok.

Sponsored

NeilP

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
RETIRED!
Well, I did this update to 40.1 with the provided file and install of it left me with no Sirius XM, no backup camera and no Off Road Pages.. 8-(

I hope they come back!

I was considering giving it a try, but now I'm going to wait to see if your if your's fixes itself and wait for more feedback from others.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Bill, what version were you on before upgrading? 39.6?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It may take up to 24 hours for things to return to normal, as the radio will re-learn your vehicle's features. Just let it sit without continually pulling power, etc. Shut it off and leave it be. It should be similar to when the radio loses power. At least I'm hoping that is the case for you.

I'm at 39.6, which is working flawlessly and fixed quite a few issues for me. I always like to be up to date with everything, but I think I'm going to hold off on this one.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

A lot of these "apps" get reinstalled after the update completes and it sometimes takes a while. You'll actually see the installation process and specific file names getting deployed in small text just above the 7-button layout at the bottom of the screen. I don't believe this process is executed unless the Jeep is in the RUN position, though, but I could be wrong.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my update done for free through a TSB. They were not able to update the device so they swapped the radio for a new one.
Oh yeah. If you can get the dealership to do this at no cost to you, definitely have them do it. Especially if you're coming from one of the original 2018 radios with a super old version or one that has or is prone to the infamous aircard issue.

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

What version did you have prior to the update?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I'm at 39.6, which is working flawlessly and fixed quite a few issues for me. I always like to be up to date with everything, but I think I'm going to hold off on this one.
I'm in the same exact boat. A software developer by trade, I have a hard time resisting a new build. That said, in this case I will stick with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I've literally not had a single problem since moving to 39.6 so no sense messing with things.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What version did you have prior to the update?

I usually follow rule, "If it ain't broke don't fix " but could not resist though. Now, I am paying the piper.. 8-(

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now, I am paying the piper.. 8-(
It can take up to a day, sometimes even two, for these things to fully provision. Stop messing with it. Quit resetting things, disconnecting power, or toying with it. Just let it do its thing.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Follow-up post to this thing...

Well, I did the update to 40.1 this AM and as I mentioned, ORP and XM Radio totally disappeared on my UConnect radio screen.. I tried total 12v power kills, 4 times. I pulled fuse F97, 3 times.... nothing.. 8-(

Well, 10 hrs later and ALL .... yup, everything is back to normal and I'm enjoying 40.1.

What went on... well, this afternoon, I used JSCAN to turn back on SDAR Travel Link (Weather Alerts, etc.) which I had turned. off with JSCAN, long ago.. Then about an hr. ago, I backed the JL out of the garage and called XM radio and asked them to resend XM signal..

Well, coincidence or who knows what, but within 4 mins. after backing out of the garage, XM was up and running and so was Off Road Pages. EVERYTHING to include my hands free Android Auto was back up.... running normally... running really well, like usual.

SO, it may be the JL just needed time to get it's act together on it's own or my enabling Travel Link or the XM signal push... who the heck knows... My gut feeling though was that the JL just needed time post update to get it's act together. Usually .. in the past it did it much faster after an update... but..

YUP, I'm a happy camper tonight... Oh, 40.1 has a bit of a different look and I like it... 8-)

@Spank Thanks much for the update file.

Sponsored