New update for 8.4 Uconnect radio

Lithics

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I have a ‘21 Rubicon with the 8.4 and no updates to my knowledge unless it updated itself in the background. I’d have to do some playing around with things to verify. Only issue I’ve had with my system is the way button icons haphazardly relocate themselves on the pages.
I have a '21 Rubicon as well, uConnect kept telling me there were no updates for me when everyone else was getting OTA updates left and right. This went on for 9 or 10 months. I just let it go. Finally I reached out to @JeepCares here via PM and they got me the proper TSB info to present to my dealer. Printed it out, took it in and they applied the updates. The tech's comment when I picked it was, "Man, I don't know if I've ever seen so many updates in one go." This was after my Jeep wouldn't initiate OTA, and the uConnect website repeatedly said my system was up to date when I would plug in my VIN. My bet is you have updates available to, among other things, address your button issue....but need to go to the dealer. 😒
Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
2020 JLUR here and no OTA update for me yet (I checked the version # on my system).

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a '21 Rubicon as well, uConnect kept telling me there were no updates for me when everyone else was getting OTA updates left and right. This went on for 9 or 10 months. I just let it go. Finally I reached out to @JeepCares here via PM and they got me the proper TSB info to present to my dealer. Printed it out, took it in and they applied the updates. The tech's comment when I picked it was, "Man, I don't know if I've ever seen so many updates in one go." This was after my Jeep wouldn't initiate OTA, and the uConnect website repeatedly said my system was up to date when I would plug in my VIN. My bet is you have updates available to, among other things, address your button issue....but need to go to the dealer. 😒
Thanks for giving us a shout, Lithics.

To add, Uconnect is no longer releasing new downloads to driveuconnect.com, but previous updates are still available. If anyone needs assistance verifying their current software level or direction for the next software level to their system, a dealer can assist or feel welcome to PM us your VIN to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Thanks for giving us a shout, Lithics.

To add, Uconnect is no longer releasing new downloads to driveuconnect.com, but previous updates are still available. If anyone needs assistance verifying their current software level or direction for the next software level to their system, a dealer can assist or feel welcome to PM us your VIN to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares
So will there be someplace where the customer can download updates beside the dealer? If the answer is no then thats a horrible idea!

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
So will there be someplace where the customer can download updates beside the dealer? If the answer is no then thats a horrible idea!
What's worse is that once your Jeep is out of warranty, a dealer will want at least $300 to update your radio.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
Mine updated a week ago now. Upon driving it again the next day, the backup lines disappeared. Not a new problem, and they start functioning again eventually, but still annoying that it happens. Otherwise, nothing new.

AncientCityJL

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR and 2022 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
amateur tattoo artist and semi-professional race car driver
:LOL: :LOL::CWL: Yeah. Just...Well, Yeah. Perfectly Put!

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m relocating this week from PA to TX, a 1,500 mile drive.

I was hoping my radio would be up to date, but I’m not sure how to tell, not sure if FCB has a “releases” list somewhere.

Here is what i see. Does this look fairly recent for a 2021 JLUR?
Jeep Wrangler JL New update for 8.4  Uconnect radio F49612BF-4DFB-4CC2-9A6A-B04D72BA1822

Sponsored

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Although I have heard it might not always be up to date.
You're right, I just read another thread saying that route isn't supported anymore.

I'm looking for a 32GB or smaller USB-A thumb drive so I can follow the free route.

Dang all I have are USB-C drives that are way over 32GB in size. #firstworldissues

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR