kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

Does anyone have the pure update file that they can link? Us people who retrofitted the 8.4 can't get an update automatically pushed.
Sponsored

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Rubicon4xe, ‘21 GrCherokee,’16 RAMLaramie
Is this OTA only for certain year vehicles ? My jlr is a 202. So far no update.
My JLUR is a 2019… I was (I think) the 2nd post in this thread, I got the notice upon arriving to work and applied it, went out at lunchtime and it was finished. All seems ok, no issues so far with mine. I use CarPlay with an iPhone 13 Pro all the time with it (wired). All seems good.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Got the notice yesterday set the install time for 3 AM. Haven’t touched it yet.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Anyone noticed any actual change after update? Really hope the CarPlay can work in full-screen without all the weather/app bars after this update.
I would definitely upgrade for this! There's a button on the CarPlay screen to go back to the UConnect screen so having all those buttons on the bottom just takes up valuable real estate.

Take57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sport S
If it turns out that it it is solely for the stupid emergency vehicle warning and it is not able to be disabled, that's kinda shitty that they'd force it on everyone. It is doubly shitty that they wouldn't mention the specific "feature" instead of calling it "Quality improvements to the Uconnect system".
The phrase "Quality Improvement" is often used for bug fixes without saying bug fixes. As far as accepting updated software, it's not unusual to find the package targeted and documented to a specific feature but also containing quality improvement code. For that reason alone I try to stay with the latest update. Sometimes what you can't see is more important than what you can see.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
You should always have the latest update. If it gets too far behind it’ll be unable to update.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
My off-road pages had a loading error after the update. Off-road pages have had issues in the past. But it seems to be working now.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Scrolled through 8 pages and no one has provided the new version number. Can someone do that, please?

My ‘18 bricked itself during an update, and getting a replacement was a PITA. Once I got it, I had to upgrade it to 39.6 on my own (out of warranty, and once you get a replacement OTA no longer syncs up… despite UConnect telling me the opposite).

I can say that since getting up to version 39.6 I haven’t had a single glitch. I am very interested to see if you guys are just now getting up to 39.6, or if this is an even newer build. If the latter, I hope someone can access and post the release notes (or tsb) that says what’s in it.

Hold driver's side temperature up, temperature down and front defrost buttons simultaneously to enter dealer mode (to see version numbers).

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Scrolled through 8 pages and no one has provided the new version number. Can someone do that, please?

My ‘18 bricked itself during an update, and getting a replacement was a PITA. Once I got it, I had to upgrade it to 39.6 on my own (out of warranty, and once you get a replacement OTA no longer syncs up… despite UConnect telling me the opposite).
I upgraded to the 8.4" as well and had to install 39.6 from USB. I upgraded it once I bought it, so don't know how bad it was before possibly.

Other than the center console USB issues (which were there with the stock 7" unit too) it's been stable. If this update is > 39.6 I'll have to see what changes it makes before upgrading again. I'd hate to upgrade it and then have issues I don't have now :)

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I upgraded to the 8.4" as well and had to install 39.6 from USB. I upgraded it once I bought it, so don't know how bad it was before possibly.

Other than the center console USB issues (which were there with the stock 7" unit too) it's been stable. If this update is > 39.6 I'll have to see what changes it makes before upgrading again. I'd hate to upgrade it and then have issues I don't have now :)
Yes, exactly. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” And mine is rock solid.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

I can say that since getting up to version 39.6 I haven’t had a single glitch. I am very interested to see if you guys are just now getting up to 39.6, or if this is an even newer build. If the latter, I hope someone can access and post the release notes (or tsb) that says what’s in it.

Hold driver's side temperature up, temperature down and front defrost buttons simultaneously to enter dealer mode (to see version numbers).
Yeah, I asked the same earlier thing in this thread and got ignored.

My '18 radio bricked as well because of the aircard being dead. My replacement came with 28.3 and they really improved the update process with that version where update failures don't kill the damn radio anymore. I'm also running 39.6 and it's been smooth, but I still don't know why the backup camera doesn't fill the screen anymore. It's got black bars on the top and bottom.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
Long press the button, like for 2sec or so, and it should go to Siri. Can't speak for Google stuff...
I guess I learned something new today. I didnt know I could do this. I have been using the screen to go to the individual apps to get Siri to msg or call. LOL Thanks.

I looked at the software on my 22 and the BootMicro version is higher but software is lower and no OTA update. Youd think we would for the most part be all the same right?

IMG_3766.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: