First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
The update message appeared on mine when I shut the engine off after arriving at work. Went out after work and started it up, message appeared stating update is completed. No issues so far.
20230118_154721.jpg
Sponsored

Moblrn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S 3.6 liter V6
Occupation
RN
I have been having issues with my "Infotainment" system since day one. It will stop playing everyday leaving the driveway and I have to hit the play button again. Sometimes that's all I have to do and it will work for a few hours, other times it just stops completely and I have to unplug and re-plug in the cord.

Next issue is leaving the phone hooked up in the vehicle for a short time while running errands. Come back to the Jeep with the music playing from the phone speaker. This continues despite unplugging and restarting. This can happen too while driving. Very frustrating. Surprising part is the map is still showing on the screen but the voice directions come through the phone speaker.

I have visited two dealers. last one with the Jeep actually exhibiting the second issue. Of course they could not get it to do any thing while they had it. I typically drive the jeep once a week and since taking it in the problem hasn't occurred again. It will be the weekend before driving again. Not sure if I hope for the update or not.

Rod

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
That's a horrible feature. First off, it has been popping up randomly on my radio for about a year. No emergency vehicle around at all. No tow truck around. Nothing. You have to acknowledge it and then it pops up again a few minutes later.

Second off, we all should be watching the road. I think it's more dangerous to be in heavy traffic on the expressway and I have to take my hand off the wheel, look at the touch screen, and acknowledge it.

Third, how does it get the notification? Are all emergency vehicles outfitted with a radio that alerts you? Does it pull the data down from waze? Is the emergency vehicle in front of me, behind me, or where? I'd say 98% of the time, there's no vehicle to be found.

Maybe I'm just a debbie downer. I just don't like that feature and I don't think there's a way to turn it off.

Sponsored

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
That's a horrible feature. First off, it has been popping up randomly on my radio for about a year. No emergency vehicle around at all. No tow truck around. Nothing. You have to acknowledge it and then it pops up again a few minutes later.

Second off, we all should be watching the road. I think it's more dangerous to be in heavy traffic on the expressway and I have to take my hand off the wheel, look at the touch screen, and acknowledge it.

Third, how does it get the notification? Are all emergency vehicles outfitted with a radio that alerts you? Does it pull the data down from waze? Is the emergency vehicle in front of me, behind me, or where? I'd say 98% of the time, there's no vehicle to be found.

Maybe I'm just a debbie downer. I just don't like that feature and I don't think there's a way to turn it off.
I don't have the update yet so I don't know if there's a menu item to disable the feature. I suspect it won't take long for the Tazer, JScan, AlphOBD folks to find the ability to toggle it on/off.

I'm just trying to find the download :) I suspect other updates are in the latest version so I'd like to get it.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager

Yeah...it's not THE WORST thong,,but I think I'm pretty well aware of giant red or white trucks with flashing lights and loud sirens.

Also in the example from the article, if your kids are so out of control that you didn't see or hear an ambulance, you need better parenting skills.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I don't have the update yet so I don't know if there's a menu item to disable the feature. I suspect it won't take long for the Tazer, JScan, AlphOBD folks to find the ability to toggle it on/off.

I'm just trying to find the download :) I suspect other updates are in the latest version so I'd like to get it.

I'm thinking/guessing that if you have with a Tazer JL or JSCAN, disabled Weather Alerts / Traffic Alerts that this new warning will also be impacted..... not be able to do it's warning.

Time will tell.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Yep, that's the response we all get. Useless.
That's not the response I got. Says I need an update.

Not all emergency vehicles are equipped, but I'm sure Haas Alert would like them to be. $$$

RAMSTEEL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
That's not the response I got. Says I need an update.

Not all emergency vehicles are equipped, but I'm sure Haas Alert would like them to be. $$$
Super, I promise you're a rare occurrence. What update does it say you need? Love to see the screen shot. Your jeep must be a few years old and have never been in for service (they usually flash it then).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does this only work while plugged in using Android Auto, or does it also work when just connected via BlueTooth?
Pretty sure you need to be plugged in. I've always got my phone plugged in to use Android Auto, so I'm not totally sure, but relatively confident.

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Their site says the full version is required for Configuration changes. These are the two settings that need set to yes:

Cust.Set.Menu 3: Tire Fill Alert Enable/Disable CSM Present: Yes
VehConfig 8: Selectable Tire Fill Alert Present: Yes

You also need a Security Gateway Bypass cable and an OBD dongle as usual.
Anyone know if Jscan can do this too? Hate to buy a $50 license for AlphaOBD for just this one feature when I've already shelled out for Jscan.

whitechocolate

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80th Edition

The realtime tracking asking if you want to nav around and when you dismiss the prompts and it keeps popping back, fuk outta here Nav im going this way for a reason and there is no accident!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The realtime tracking asking if you want to nav around and when you dismiss the prompts and it keeps popping back, fuk outta here Nav im going this way for a reason and there is no accident!
That's weird. The only prompts I get are when a massive storm is moving in.

Just about nobody, of course, should be using the built-in navigation. It's horrid in comparison to what can be rendered on the same screen through a phone.
Sponsored