New update for 8.4 Uconnect radio

REGGAVEGGA

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
This is what I get when I try to download update file onto USB. The thumb drive is like 7.69 almost 8 gigs.

IMG_2884.jpeg

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I saw that but not sure it had ALL the steps on what to do.
Not really sure what you're missing there. Just unzip the downloaded file so that when you put your USB drive into your computer, the folder is sitting in the root directory just like in the pic in my post. Then, stick that USB drive into your Jeep's USB port and follow my instructions.

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
can you show how to do that ? I did not unzip anything yet that is why..
Double-click on the zipped file you downloaded and drag the contents onto the USB drive or your desktop first and from there, to the USB drive

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drag the VP4R_Update folder on your desktop to the USB drive

REGGAVEGGA

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
I keep getting the properties cant be transferred not sure what I am doing wrong.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
This is what I get when I try to download update file onto USB. The thumb drive is like 7.69 almost 8 gigs.

Jeep Wrangler JL New update for 8.4  Uconnect radio IMG_2884
Your flash drive is either corrupt or has a file system Windows doesn't like. It needs to be FAT32. NTFS, exFAT, and FAT will not work. If you need help configuring a flash drive to FAT32: https://www.howtogeek.com/902632/format-usb-flash-drive-to-fat32-windows.

Also, that's 39.6. I've already provided you a link to the 40.1 download, which is currently the latest. Instructions are also included in that post.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-4-uconnect-radio.107222/page-22#post-2369771

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

How can you check the version of your Uconnect software level?
Hold down the drivers side up temperature, down temperature, and front defrost buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Pioneer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moab
I have a 2019 JLUR and I have been going through the posts and it looks as if my application version is recent enough that I can update to 40.1. Am I following the posts correctly?

Jeep Wrangler JL New update for 8.4  Uconnect radio IMG_0653

Last edited:

cdhd2

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
If anyone is interested in updating to 40.1 via USB, the update files are located via the link below. Credit goes to ramforum.com for providing this link. I installed this update coming from 39.6 and had no issues whatsoever. I can't confirm how well the process works on older versions, nor do I know what changes or fixes this update provides.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/guzmk27vexkr33x/UCONNECT_UAQ_8.4_QR40.1_MY18-21.zip/file

To install this update, unzip the file and drop the VP4R_Update folder onto the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick. Plug it into your Jeep, fire it up in either ACC or RUN, accept the update when you get the prompt, then let her rip. A timer suggests a 30-minute install time, but it usually takes only 20.

EDIT: The Google Drive link no longer works as of 12/8. I've updated this post with a new link on Media Fire.
Thanks so much for the file! The update worked flawlessly! I have a 2019 jlur and kept getting the update failure message. I gave up on updating so the stupid radio would then lock on whatever station I was on and volume level, so totally annoying. I wasn't about to give Jeep any more money to install the update for something that should be a non-issue.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I have a 2019 JLUR and I have been going through the posts and it looks as if my application version is recent enough that I can update to 40.1. Am I following the posts correctly?

Jeep Wrangler JL New update for 8.4  Uconnect radio IMG_0653
According to others who have updated from this version, you should be good.
Sponsored