Sponsored

New Uconnect Uodate July 19, 2020

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I saw nowhere there that showed me my current version.

Also, I checked it prior to installing this OTA update and it said I had the latest, so I don’t have a lot of faith in their online system. :)
The website tells you if your JL has the most current version and no more.
Sponsored

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
I have read somewhere, that you need to take your jeep to the dealership for a flash to the radio, which isnt avail to download. This might be an update to that?

OP
OP
ConqSoft

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
The website tells you if your JL has the most current version and no more.
...and it doesn’t even do that properly based on my experience and at least two others here... ;)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...and it doesn’t even do that properly based on my experience and at least two others here... ;)
For well over two years, guys/gals here have been using that website tool.

Rarely has the site posted incorrectly.

In regard to the JL, I think there has only been say 3 updates at that since the JL was made available.

Can tell anyone here.... IF your UConnect is doing what you want and not hip-cupping, lets say, do not do a UConnect update. Remember the moto, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Many here have done a UConnect update and then found out they introduced other issues/quirks/bugs. That is the tendency of firmware and software updates.

I'm not on most current UConnect software but will remember the moto.... and follow it's recommendation.

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
Kudos to you and your motto... But some of us here want the latest in firmware... I own a Google Pixel device just so I can do the exact opposite of your motto...

You cant really find the updates for our 8.4 on this site, many of the other dodge sites have MUCH more information than this site does regarding our upgrades. I encourage you to not be told by uninterested people about the updates and number of them.

And the Uconnect site is a total JOKE.. If you want to believe that it is correct most of the time, you go for it lol...

Do your own research, and avoid the negative nellys...

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Are the 8.4in screens the only ones that get updates?

OP
OP
ConqSoft

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Kudos to you and your motto... But some of us here want the latest in firmware... I own a Google Pixel device just so I can do the exact opposite of your motto...

You cant really find the updates for our 8.4 on this site, many of the other dodge sites have MUCH more information than this site does regarding our upgrades. I encourage you to not be told by uninterested people about the updates and number of them.

And the Uconnect site is a total JOKE.. If you want to believe that it is correct most of the time, you go for it lol...

Yeah it’s a really bad setup. And very inaccurate. Even the Ford Sync update site shows the currently available version so you can compare it to your version.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I did mention the motto.... But ........SURE, if your UConnect is broke... not doing what you want with your smartphone, etc. then seek/go for an update.

You guys are new to this forum... Many of us here have been doing UConnect updates on our JL's for 2 years now. We have first hand knowledge of the issues with UConnect, etc.. Most of us have found out you can cause / introduce issues..

So, yes, if you have a need do an update, do it... but to do an update just so you can say I have the most current is not necessarily a prudent move.

Have fun. Hopefully, you do not kill your Off Road Pages, etc... or something else that was working.

YES, UConnect on the JL is real iffy lets say..

Yes, the website does report if your software is current... Yes, like any tool it can fail.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
So I went out and took images of both the Dealer Mode to get the software version (18.33.24) and the Off Road Pages screen to get its version (V. I 171205.0). I wonder if I can hook the Jeep up to my wifi to hasten any over-the-air update or if it rolled out by VIN. I have a late 2019 model JLUR.

IMG_9052.jpg

IMG_9050.jpg

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
For well over two years, guys/gals here have been using that website tool.

Rarely has the site posted incorrectly.

In regard to the JL, I think there has only been say 3 updates at that since the JL was made available.

Can tell anyone here.... IF your UConnect is doing what you want and not hip-cupping, lets say, do not do a UConnect update. Remember the moto, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Many here have done a UConnect update and then found out they introduced other issues/quirks/bugs. That is the tendency of firmware and software updates.

I'm not on most current UConnect software but will remember the moto.... and follow it's recommendation.
This is true, it even says it on the Uconnect website. Paraphrasing here- "If your Uconnect is not experiencing any of these problems, then DO NOT DO the update"

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Usually updates are to "fix" problems. If you are not having those problems they do not need to be fixed.

OP
OP
ConqSoft

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
If they only want the update to be applied by people with issues then they need to have somewhere that defines what those issues are and have a way to ignore the OTA update. I’m not going to deal with clicking to decline the update every time I drive my Jeep.

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
I did mention the motto.... But ........SURE, if your UConnect is broke... not doing what you want with your smartphone, etc. then seek/go for an update.

You guys are new to this forum... Many of us here have been doing UConnect updates on our JL's for 2 years now. We have first hand knowledge of the issues with UConnect, etc.. Most of us have found out you can cause / introduce issues..

So, yes, if you have a need do an update, do it... but to do an update just so you can say I have the most current is not necessarily a prudent move.

Have fun. Hopefully, you do not kill your Off Road Pages, etc... or something else that was working.

YES, UConnect on the JL is real iffy lets say..

Yes, the website does report if your software is current... Yes, like any tool it can fail.
Thanks for the advice of coming into a thread about updating your UConnect radio and basically bashing the people who wish to do it. Great job and good team work.

You guys are new to this forum? REALLY bro? You want to call me a noob because you post like this and have an inflated post count? Why don't you go do some research before you start name-calling people and see that I was one of the FIRST people to change from 7" radio to an 8.4" radio. Where were you in that thread?

Just because I don't post as much as you do, has NO bearing on how long I've been here or any sort of qualifying measure at all. Again the fact that you felt the need to inflate your post count by posting here about not updating on an updating thread pretty much proves my point.

Do you have any of the release notes for the update? Do you know if any features have been added or removed? I don't know how you can say to do an update just to do an update is not a prudent move without any of those facts? And to be clear, no one here asking about the update is advocating anyone update their radios here for some new feature. Nobody knows yet what the update holds, and frankly if it did give some new wanted feature, I'm 100% sure you would fall in line wanting to do the update as you are now following this thread I'm sure with vested (but your not going to crack are you) interest.

Again to clear up your confusion on the UConnect website, it has reported my software as the latest now for over a year and I know factually because I do pay attention to the updates and other Dodge sites knowing that I am now at least 2 updates behind. I believe it might actually be 3 based on the version numbers I am seeing here. But you go right on believing the UConnect site is factual and accurate.

We will test the new update for you and then you can do you update, which you won't come back and admit to doing at all. Like you claim to know me, I know many just like you.

Please don't troll the thread and downplay people who do wish to update, if you don't want to participate in upgrading, go away. We don't need mamas looking over our shoulders warning us that when we play with our electronics we could break them, I believe most of us that are in this thread and in dealer menus understand perfectly what the risk/reward is.

Thank you
LanceM

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation