Sponsored

New TSB JL 2018 2019: Vehicle wanders requires constant small steering corrections - New Track Bar

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
LMAO that's totally right.

Maybe it'll respond to clicks...

There's a video on youtube where the owner claims a flash fixed it, if I remember right he said his computer was programmed as a 2 door and he was 4.
Do any 2 doors have this issue?
Like you said, it feels like an electrical issue, not a mechanical issue. Is there a way to disconnect the electric assist, fuse maybe? It would be interesting to test this theory.
::raises hand::

My JLR has steering issues. I’ve replaced the LCAs with Mopar lift ones and that helped, but it’s still not great. My husband, who had the JKUR in my avatar, agrees. It’s not as good as our JK before or after mods.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I think it's time for "Jeep Cares" (@JeepCares) to stop trolling this forum and start talking to Sr. management at FCA about how our dealers treat us. You would think a dealership would welcome warranty work. It's easy money. But the dealers must be getting push back from FCA to control costs. I bet if FCA would recall for some of the issues, the dealers wouldn't be overloaded by everyone with a new Jeep thinking they have the "Steering issue". I say that because if they were recalled, it would be cut and dry.

Tumbleweed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLU Auto 3.6L
Hmm... wish I could get a factory service manual so I could figure out what's what under there. I'm not a mechanic. So I have to see a parts diagram or whatever in order to figure it out.
Heres a diagram of the JK steering components. Basically the same as the JL
You can also find a "JL steering diagram" using google, its from another forum though so i didnt post a link

0d2301c6829bb4718ad8410773d8a744.jpg

Sponsored

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
I think it's time for "Jeep Cares" (@JeepCares) to stop trolling this forum and start talking to Sr. management at FCA about how our dealers treat us. You would think a dealership would welcome warranty work. It's easy money. But the dealers must be getting push back from FCA to control costs. I bet if FCA would recall for some of the issues, the dealers wouldn't be overloaded by everyone with a new Jeep thinking they have the "Steering issue". I say that because if they were recalled, it would be cut and dry.
All of this. If they don't have you on record with a Jeep from them, it's a "jeep" thing. The fact that it's been revised and now an option shows that it's teetering on a recall. I have my appointment to assess this thursday. I have over 5k in 2 months on this JL and the little micro-adjustments are annoying. Don't get me wrong I love this machine, but this quirk is annoying.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
All of this. If they don't have you on record with a Jeep from them, it's a "jeep" thing. The fact that it's been revised and now an option shows that it's teetering on a recall. I have my appointment to assess this thursday. I have over 5k in 2 months on this JL and the little micro-adjustments are annoying. Don't get me wrong I love this machine, but this quirk is annoying.
That's a great way to describe the issue. I haven't been able to phrase it well until now. It's constant micro adjustments. Every time you make an adjustment, the jeep seems to go overboard and you have to nudge the wheel in the opposite direction to keep it on course. It's like being on a tight rope.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Dropping mine off for this tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will get cleared up. I never found the wander worth complaining about too much but if they've got a fix for it I'm all for it.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Dropping mine off for this tomorrow morning. Hopefully it will get cleared up. I never found the wander worth complaining about too much but if they've got a fix for it I'm all for it.
Be sure to get the before and after alignment specs so you have a reference.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Be sure to get the before and after alignment specs so you have a reference.
The alignment is off just a tic since I put the Rubicon shocks and springs on anyway. We did a realignment but its not laser straight. I won't volunteer that information. :giggle:

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
Do you deem this “good” or “not good”?
It’s a pain. The mushy steering to me is the Jeep thing. The ongoing adjustments to me say something is up, especially if the road is dead straight.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, this HELPED a lot for me. Brought to my dealer with SB number on my hands. He checked the build date and voila'. 2019 Jl 2 doors here built in NOV 18. It is 90% better with the new track bar + alignment
Sponsored