Sponsored

New TSB JL 2018 2019: Vehicle wanders requires constant small steering corrections - New Track Bar

Sinningdf

First Name
Sinning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
After 1900 miles I decided I was tired of dealing with the wandering on my 18 Sahara JLU. I took it to the dealer to fix an issue with the TC light staying on before I got rid of it. They replaced the parts & reflashed the PCM. When I picked it up I was amazed.

Steering is 90% better,transmission shift points are better & firmer and it feels like a completely different vehicle.It's never driven this nice. I may still trade it on a 2 door but the decision is much harder now.
What parts did they change? I have a 2018 SAHARA JL and my wanders at speed on the interstate. Thanks..
Sponsored

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU ,2019 Cherokee Limited
The only parts changed were for the TC light nothing mechanical with the steering. I'm convinced that reflashing the PCM is what improved it.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The only parts changed were for the TC light nothing mechanical with the steering. I'm convinced that reflashing the PCM is what improved it.
What did you tell them to re flash? Was it just a flash of the same code or is there an update?

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't tell them to reflash anything. It was required after replacing a vacuum pump and sensor. PCM SOFTWARE LEVEL TSB 18-041-18 REV B. is whats listed on the service order. I didn't take it in for the wandering it went in due to a traction control light that kept coming on for no reason.

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I didn't tell them to reflash anything. It was required after replacing a vacuum pump and sensor. PCM SOFTWARE LEVEL TSB 18-041-18 REV B. is whats listed on the service order. I didn't take it in for the wandering it went in due to a traction control light that kept coming on for no reason.
Do you know how to tell if a JL has that PCM Software Level applied? I know there are some combinations of buttons to push to get it in maintenance mode but I don't know how to interpret what is on the display to understand which software version.

Sponsored

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I do not. If you can get into maintenance mode you're way ahead of me. I really have no interest in any of the electronics on new cars.Kind of old school guy LOL!

OP
OP
californiajeeping

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sorry I do not. If you can get into maintenance mode you're way ahead of me. I really have no interest in any of the electronics on new cars.Kind of old school guy LOL!
The problem is that the dealer says "it is up to date" yet they didn't even plug into the port. There has to be a way to verify if it has the PCM update applied or not.

MKC JL

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know your build date? Mine was 2/18 and there have been several updates I believe since then. Dealers I suspect will not automatically update vehicles sitting on the lot. Maybe someone can verify this. I believe you would have to take it in & with an issue and have it done at that time.

Not sure how the dealer would know if they don't check to see if it was done.

TMJL2018

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Technology & part-time Google mechanic
Clubs

I wonder how many dealers will just say "that's how they all drive".
I was thinking the same thing. And what if you've lifted according to Mopar specs. Is it going to be "because you lifted it..."

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
Three words you’ll most certainly hear:

Could not replicate.
Yup, but that's a cake job for a flatrate tech. Pays a 1.0 hrs, 5 minute drive, 5 minutes to swap out and 5 mins to adjust the toe.

F' the factory junk, upgrade it and be happy

USMCBK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
unfortunately, I have a do nothing , but always have an excuse, not to do something dealership so......im pretty much beat on this... un -F'ing -believable....

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport Unlimited
Just put the fox racing adjustable steering stabilizer on today. It completely resolved all my steering issues since lifting. I cannot express what a change it was. Big smile on my face today!!
Sponsored