New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models?

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Ok, so I just installed the correct OEM TPMS sensors for my Jeep built 10/21 (68339096AB). The tire shop only had the program for pre 6/21 sensors so I told them not to worry about it, that it should pick up automatically without programming. My TPMS light is off but my dash shows the PSI stuck at 40,40,40 and 39. I lowered the pressures, drove for about 10 miles and still shows the same PSI. Also tried a ECU reset with JSCAN with no luck. Am I missing something here? I did still have the old ones they removed (schrader) in the Jeep but they were just sitting in the front seat. I don't think they would have been picked up Uninstalled. Help!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Ok, so I just installed the correct OEM TPMS sensors for my Jeep built 10/21 (68339096AB). The tire shop only had the program for pre 6/21 sensors so I told them not to worry about it, that it should pick up automatically without programming. My TPMS light is off but my dash shows the PSI stuck at 40,40,40 and 39. I lowered the pressures, drove for about 10 miles and still shows the same PSI. Also tried a ECU reset with JSCAN with no luck. Am I missing something here? I did still have the old ones they removed (schrader) in the Jeep but they were just sitting in the front seat. I don't think they would have been picked up Uninstalled. Help!
I don't understand the question. You installed the correct sensors for a post 6/5/21 build? If you did then those are Continental sensors. However you state the "old schrader" sensors are in the front seat.

What TPMS are in your Jeep (installed in the tires)? When was your Jeep built? Also yes having lose sensors in the jeep can mess things up.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
He answered it but I can elaborate. Schrader 20398 has been the Wrangler TPMS since 2013. Same protocol as all the way up to 2022 so far. When Jeep introduced the TFA feature (Tire Fill Alert) they launched the 29117 again same protocol as the 20398 just had the TFA feature built in. Those did not last long as Schrader had some issues so they quickly launched the 29093 as the replacement again same protocol as the 20398 just with TFA feature. You can use a 20398, 29117 and a 29093 on all Wranglers from 2013 on. HOWEVER if you have TFA and like that feature then you need 29093. Lastly yes they were out of them for a while because of the chip issues and those issues are still plaguing many TPMS suppliers. 29093's have been back and available for a couple of months now.
TFA. Yay, some other stupid option because people can't seem to figure out a tire pressure gauge....

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I don't understand the question. You installed the correct sensors for a post 6/5/21 build? If you did then those are Continental sensors. However you state the "old schrader" sensors are in the front seat.

What TPMS are in your Jeep (installed in the tires)? When was your Jeep built? Also yes having lose sensors in the jeep can mess things up.
Sorry if I was unclear. I've attached photos. The gray ones are the Schrader sensors I removed from the tires I got from a 2020 Jeep. I installed the black ones which are the correct, post 6/21 sensors (68339096AB). My Jeep was built in 10/21, as I stated in the original post. I didn't know that having the old set in the vehicle could mess it up. I'll take them out and see what that does.

Jeep Wrangler JL New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models? 20220321_140421

Jeep Wrangler JL New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models? Screenshot_20220321-135547_eBay

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Now I am up to speed.
1. Take out the old sensors first and try that.

2. if that doesn’t work then lower psi to 25 lbs. go drive one block and come back. Inflate to door placard 37 psi and go drive.

3. lastly if that does not work take off the spare and leave it in the garage repeating then step 2.

If none of that works there is another problem. Feel free to DM me if you need additional help.

Herc10HueyFE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Now I am up to speed.
1. Take out the old sensors first and try that.

2. if that doesn’t work then lower psi to 25 lbs. go drive one block and come back. Inflate to door placard 37 psi and go drive.

3. lastly if that does not work take off the spare and leave it in the garage repeating then step 2.

If none of that works there is another problem. Feel free to DM me if you need additional help.
Thanks! Just removed the loose sensors and drove around the block and they started reading! Can't believe that was it. Thanks for the help!

WorldExpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited 4xe Rubicon
Hey, does anyone know where to get the Conti sensors (68339096AB)? Seems like every place I call they are on backorder. Maybe someone has a set they would be willing to sell?
I ordered 5 from my local dealership and got them within a week.

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Dumb question maybe.. Should the spare have a TPMS as well? Will it interfere with the other 4?

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Dumb question maybe.. Should the spare have a TPMS as well? Will it interfere with the other 4?
It doesn’t need to have one but you should probably put one in there in case you have to use your spare or you do 5 tire rotations. It will not interfere either way.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I went to Town Fair Tire Monday to get new TPMS installed in a set of 2018 wheels I put on my wife’s October 2021 built Jeep. I explained to them the issue with the 2021 model year and showed pictures of the old sensor and the new Continental sensor. They said they don’t carry those, but they have Autel sensors and they can program them to work. I agreed to let them do their thing because that said they could make them work.
Day one: they installed the sensors but couldn’t program them because I requested to keep my 2018 sensors and they said if I was bringing them home in the Jeep it would interfere with the new ones. Bring the old sensors back to your house and come back tomorrow and we’ll program the new ones we installed.
Day two: they programmed the new sensors but the Jeep isn’t reading them and they say we have to drive for a few days for the computer to read them. We go on a road trip that night about 50 miles, mixed highway and city driving about 40 minutes each way and the sensors never read.

We are going to go back today, but I have a few questions if anybody knows the answer, please chime in.

Why would having the 2018 sensors in the seat of the jeep affect programming the new ones?

Are these Autel sensors capable of working?

Do we think Town Fair Tire doesn’t have the correct program for post 6/2021 built jeeps?

Thanks.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to Town Fair Tire Monday to get new TPMS installed in a set of 2018 wheels I put on my wife’s October 2021 built Jeep. I explained to them the issue with the 2021 model year and showed pictures of the old sensor and the new Continental sensor. They said they don’t carry those, but they have Autel sensors and they can program them to work. I agreed to let them do their thing because that said they could make them work.
Day one: they installed the sensors but couldn’t program them because I requested to keep my 2018 sensors and they said if I was bringing them home in the Jeep it would interfere with the new ones. Bring the old sensors back to your house and come back tomorrow and we’ll program the new ones we installed.
Day two: they programmed the new sensors but the Jeep isn’t reading them and they say we have to drive for a few days for the computer to read them. We go on a road trip that night about 50 miles, mixed highway and city driving about 40 minutes each way and the sensors never read.

We are going to go back today, but I have a few questions if anybody knows the answer, please chime in.

Why would having the 2018 sensors in the seat of the jeep affect programming the new ones?

Are these Autel sensors capable of working?

Do we think Town Fair Tire doesn’t have the correct program for post 6/2021 built jeeps?

Thanks.
First of all you cannot program Autel sensors for the new "Conti" protocol. The only sensors right now are Huf and Schrader that can be programmed.
Second having the old sensors has NOTHING to do with programming. Once the sensors are programmed then having the old sensors in the Jeep will YES interfere and throw the warning light. Good luck but those are not going to work. Autel will be about the last company to get the protocol and we sell Autel.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
First of all you cannot program Autel sensors for the new "Conti" protocol. The only sensors right now are Huf and Schrader that can be programmed.
Second having the old sensors has NOTHING to do with programming. Once the sensors are programmed then having the old sensors in the Jeep will YES interfere and throw the warning light. Good luck but those are not going to work. Autel will be about the last company to get the protocol and we sell Autel.
Thank you for the information. It is truly appreciated.
Sponsored