New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models?

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So we just found out from someone and it would explain some of these issues.

There is A 9096AB sensor that is definitely a Schrader made sensor that is a 29057. Those folks are not having a problem with relearn. However we just got a pic of a sensor with the same 9096AB part number and it is a Continental brand sensor. More investigation needed but that would explain a few of the folks not getting the relearn to happen. We know it was a factory sensor taken from a factory wheel. That would mean Jeep assigned the same part number to two completely different sensors. We are trying to get the actual sensor because with our tool we can start scanning it as a bunch of different year makes and models and find out what sensor it is. More to follow.
I am having the same issue with the 29057 and I just checked my build sheet and it shows "Continental TPM Sensor"
Sponsored

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am having the same issue with the 29057 and I just checked my build sheet and it shows "Continental TPM Sensor"
My build shows the same. Those would now be my third set of TPMS sensors if I have to order…

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deflate, battery disconnect, drive, reinflate, drive: no change - TPMS still not working.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Deflate, battery disconnect, drive, reinflate, drive: no change - TPMS still not working.
I wonder if the programmable TPMS that discount tire sells can be programmed to work?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I wonder if the programmable TPMS that discount tire sells can be programmed to work?
Sure they can.

1. If they have updated their machines as the update just came out (albeit without this new news on the same part # for 2 different sensors)
2. If they know what to program to.

The issue is if Jeep truly has the same part number for the two different sensors then no programmable is going to help unless they know which one you have. Because basically you have to program the sensor as a different car. For example if you truly need the 29057 then they will need to actually program it as a Ram truck 1500. If you have the Conti sensor well then that is the screw ball because we don't know yet what that sensor is from or what else it is already in to be able to program it.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Sure they can.

1. If they have updated their machines as the update just came out (albeit without this new news on the same part # for 2 different sensors)
2. If they know what to program to.

The issue is if Jeep truly has the same part number for the two different sensors then no programmable is going to help unless they know which one you have. Because basically you have to program the sensor as a different car. For example if you truly need the 29057 then they will need to actually program it as a Ram truck 1500. If you have the Conti sensor well then that is the screw ball because we don't know yet what that sensor is from or what else it is already in to be able to program it.
Yeah that makes sense. Unfortunately I have the Conti sensor

anyehc

First Name
Chey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite JLR 3.6 Auto
Hey all, this thread seems to be the most informative regarding TPMS. Took my 21 JLR (built in May) into the dealer for intermittent TPMS issues. They claim they can't do anything because my sensors are aftermarket. I had DT swap out the factory sensors with new tires and confirmed they're the 29093s. Dealer is still claiming aftermarket since they don't have a Mopar part number and it'll be $800 with labor to get new ones. (Part #68378369AC that looks nothing like the originals) Can anyone confirm if Jeep is shipping vehicles with the Schrader part number only? Dealer did acknowledge that it's possible the factory ran out of parts and went with "the next best thing."

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all, this thread seems to be the most informative regarding TPMS. Took my 21 JLR (built in May) into the dealer for intermittent TPMS issues. They claim they can't do anything because my sensors are aftermarket. I had DT swap out the factory sensors with new tires and confirmed they're the 29093s. Dealer is still claiming aftermarket since they don't have a Mopar part number and it'll be $800 with labor to get new ones. (Part #68378369AC that looks nothing like the originals) Can anyone confirm if Jeep is shipping vehicles with the Schrader part number only? Dealer did acknowledge that it's possible the factory ran out of parts and went with "the next best thing."
Dealer parts will 99% always have a Mopar part#. Exact same sensor. The TPMS manufacturer makes a run for the auto makers and then continues to run the exact same TPMS just engraving a Schrader part# etc.

Now having said that the part# you listed above is a completely different sensor. That is a TRW Ram sensor and has never been used in a Wrangler. I would call a different dealer and give them your VIN and get the OE part#. Dealers have been known to mess up giving the correct part#.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JeepCares are you able to clear any of this up so we can get our TPMS working?

1fastss

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I just added a new wheel/tire combo to my JLU and left the factory TPMS sensors in my factory wheels. I went with Schrader 33500 EZ sensors I purchased at Sam's Club. They reprogrammed the sensors and after about 15 minutes of driving they synched with the Jeep. My JLU is a 2021.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just added a new wheel/tire combo to my JLU and left the factory TPMS sensors in my factory wheels. I went with Schrader 33500 EZ sensors I purchased at Sam's Club. They reprogrammed the sensors and after about 15 minutes of driving they synched with the Jeep. My JLU is a 2021.
When was it manufactured?

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Has anyone made any progress with the Continental sensors?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone made any progress with the Continental sensors?
We are still trying to get our hands on one (of the Continental )so we can scan it and figure out what protocol it has. Continental does not even know.

Bad part is IF you are made after 6/5 AND you have Continental on your window sticker that doesn't mean you have Continental sensors. We have tons of examples where guys have Conti on the window sticker but they have Schrader sensors and the 29057 is working just fine.

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Sorry if this has been answered already but I just want clarification. I’m selling my factory JLUR wheels/tires from my 2020 to someone that has a 2021. Their build date is 09/20. Will the TPMS work?
Sponsored