New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models?

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Update: was recently informed they are on backorder, so it is time to locate an alternate sourcefor the 29057's.
Tpms.com shows them in stock, and you can also find the 29057s on eBay.
Sponsored

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That because DT does not use OE Schrader direct fit sensors and why they could not "program" them. They use a "programmable" 33500 Schrader sensor and they have not updated their TPMS tool yet so the new 29057 protocol was not in there. When you told them to program as a Ram that is then the protocol they loaded into the 33500"s (not 29057 direct fit sensors). the problem still could be the year of Ram they decided to use. Some Ram's use a 20398 and some use a 29057. They are completely different sensor protocol.

The best thing you can do is get the OEM part# from the parts dept when giving them your VIN. See if you are truly a 29057 (you should be with a July build but this year is messed up). Then get actual 29057's or get the OE TPMS from the dealer (albeit will cost more). Changing the transmitter on the actual Jeep is going to fix nothing. there is no way that is bad on such a new Jeep. You would be literally the first we have ever heard.
So I have the ‘removed’ 29093s sitting here. I have the 29057s currently installed. Could I have Jeep dealer merely program the installed 29057s ‘in-wheel’ and that should do it?

I didn’t buy ANY of my sensors via DT. Ironically my JLUR doesn’t even have TFA as an option under it’s ‘Safety’ menu.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So I have the ‘removed’ 29093s sitting here. I have the 29057s currently installed. Could I have Jeep dealer merely program the installed 29057s ‘in-wheel’ and that should do it?

I didn’t buy ANY of my sensors via DT. Ironically my JLUR doesn’t even have TFA as an option under it’s ‘Safety’ menu.
No. your Jeep needs the ones that it is supposed to have. No programming can be done to have one work with the other.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No. your Jeep needs the ones that it is supposed to have. No programming can be done to have one work with the other.
So the 29057s have to be it then (will call dealer to check part number), as everything possible was done with the 29093s, but to no avail.

Will report back after Jeep dealer tries to work their voodoo on Monday. Might unhook/re-hook the batteries in the meantime and see if that does anything.

I also have an Innova tablet and SGM bypass cable if there is anything that could be done using such.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So the 29057s have to be it then (will call dealer to check part number), as everything possible was done with the 29093s, but to no avail.

Will report back after Jeep dealer tries to work their voodoo on Monday. Might unhook/re-hook the batteries in the meantime and see if that does anything.

I also have an Innova tablet and SGM bypass cable if there is anything that could be done using such.
Did your dealer confirm which part number your Jeep should have?

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep dealer scanned the TPMS sensors and stated that they don’t show any as transmitting (contrary to DT)
so still not working
computer reset didn’t fix. Jeep dealer said as I didn’t buy sensors through them they’d have to order another five new ones and install to then figure out

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Jeep dealer scanned the TPMS sensors and stated that they don’t show any as transmitting (contrary to DT)
so still not working
computer reset didn’t fix. Jeep dealer said as I didn’t buy sensors through them they’d have to order another five new ones and install to then figure out

Where did you order the sensors from?

Sponsored

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DT had set their scanner for 2021 JLUR and no signal from the new sensors. DT had then said wrong sensor for 2021 JLUR. I told DT to set their scanner to 2021 RAM 1500 or 2500 as hard to believe the brand new sensors weren’t working. Sure enough, the sensors then scanned as transmitting. Installed, drove around, no change on Jeep - still TPMS error.
This morning:
Local Jeep dealer reset the computer - no change. They said that the installed sensors weren’t transmitting. I told them that these sensors are the newer Alpha Bravos/29057s and maybe their scanner didn’t yet have the protocol(s). Dealer service person said that their scanners are all up to date (not sure I believe as they didn’t even know about the two different TPMS sensors for 2021 MY) and the only fix is to buy five sensors from them and have them install.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unhooked the main battery for an hour and fifteen minutes, aired down to 19 PSI, drove around for about 3.5 miles.
Tonight going to air up to just over 37 PSI cold, drive around for 20 minutes, and report back.
If still no dice, will then see if the Innova tablet and SGM bypass cable can do anything here and may pick up a TPMS scanner to check the sensors' transmittal status (guarantee they are functioning - all five were before and nothing has changed).

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Unhooked the main battery for an hour and fifteen minutes, aired down to 19 PSI, drove around for about 3.5 miles.
Tonight going to air up to just over 37 PSI cold, drive around for 20 minutes, and report back.
If still no dice, will then see if the Innova tablet and SGM bypass cable can do anything here and may pick up a TPMS scanner to check the sensors' transmittal status (guarantee they are functioning - all five were before and nothing has changed).
Fingers crossed!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
So we just found out from someone and it would explain some of these issues.

There is A 9096AB sensor that is definitely a Schrader made sensor that is a 29057. Those folks are not having a problem with relearn. However we just got a pic of a sensor with the same 9096AB part number and it is a Continental brand sensor. More investigation needed but that would explain a few of the folks not getting the relearn to happen. We know it was a factory sensor taken from a factory wheel. That would mean Jeep assigned the same part number to two completely different sensors. We are trying to get the actual sensor because with our tool we can start scanning it as a bunch of different year makes and models and find out what sensor it is. More to follow.
Sponsored