Sponsored

New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Have new tires showing up tomorrow. I have a 2021 built December 18th.
Looks like the tpms discount tires installed are these:

5 SCH 33560 TQ12 T10 315/433 EZGO 6YR/72K

anyone have any experience with these?
It is a “programmable” dual frequency sensor that can be programmed for many different vehicles and makes. Basically an “all in one” sensor Discount Tire and other use because they don’t have to carry 100’s of different sku’s for OE sensors so they can program these to work in a lot of different cars.
Made by Schrader and good quality.
Sponsored

Billyg73

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2021 wrangler Sahara
I am currently swapping sensors and have ones from a 392. If you want them let me know.

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

[/QUOTE]
It is a “programmable” dual frequency sensor that can be programmed for many different vehicles and makes. Basically an “all in one” sensor Discount Tire and other use because they don’t have to carry 100’s of different sku’s for OE sensors so they can program these to work in a lot of different cars.
Made by Schrader and good quality.
Nice so sounds like I should be fine then?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice so sounds like I should be fine then?
[/QUOTE]
You are as good as the the employee is at TPMS. Plenty can go wrong but it is pretty basic. Like they don’t program them to the correct yr make and model. But good news if you got them from them then they will troubleshoot until it is right.

But yes those sensors can be programmed to your Jeep that you stated.

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

You are as good as the the employee is at TPMS. Plenty can go wrong but it is pretty basic. Like they don’t program them to the correct yr make and model. But good news if you got them from them then they will troubleshoot until it is right.

But yes those sensors can be programmed to your Jeep that you stated.
Gotcha okay. I bought them from a discount tire in Texas. Buddy is driving them up to Kansas. Hopefully they work or I’ll have to find a discount tire who will work with me to reprogram.

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got a 2018 JLUR and I used wheels from a 2020 gladiator for an off-road trailer that is pulled behind the Wrangler.

The sensors in the two trailer tires always take over and read as the two front tires on the Jeep’s TPMS whenever I hook up the trailer and start rolling. In hind sight, I should have just left the sensors out, but didn’t anticipate it being an issue.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Any tips for getting the JL to pick up new sensors. I bought the 29057 for my JL manufactured early August but it isn’t picking them up after driving about 50 miles.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any tips for getting the JL to pick up new sensors. I bought the 29057 for my JL manufactured early August but it isn’t picking them up after driving about 50 miles.
Try to lower psi by about 15. Go drive a block. Come back and fill to exact door placard. Go drive again. Should be learning after less than a mile. If that doesn’t work do the same but take off and leave the spare in the garage. Also make sure old TPMS are not still in the Jeep In you have them.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Try to lower psi by about 15. Go drive a block. Come back and fill to exact door placard. Go drive again. Should be learning after less than a mile. If that doesn’t work do the same but take off and leave the spare in the garage. Also make sure old TPMS are not still in the Jeep In you have them.
I’ll give that a shot. Also wasn’t sure if wheel offset would cause any issues. The wheels are 17x9 0 offset.

Update: still not detecting the new sensors. I’ll have to double check and make sure the sensors are working, though I doubt all 4 wheels would have bad sensors.

Last edited:

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Have new tires showing up tomorrow. I have a 2021 built December 18th.
Looks like the tpms discount tires installed are these:

5 SCH 33560 TQ12 T10 315/433 EZGO 6YR/72K

anyone have any experience with these?
My tires showed up and got them mounted. So far I have had zero problems with this TPMS setup.

Sponsored

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ll give that a shot. Also wasn’t sure if wheel offset would cause any issues. The wheels are 17x9 0 offset.

Update: still not detecting the new sensors. I’ll have to double check and make sure the sensors are working, though I doubt all 4 wheels would have bad sensors.
My JLUR was built in July 2021.

I had new 29093s in my new wheels/tires (Willys wheels/BFG KO2 315 Es) and, while they were transmitting/confirmed correct for the 2021 JLUR, Discount Tire couldn’t get my JLUR to read them.

Then took my JLUR to a Jeep dealership and they couldn’t figure anything out so they reset the computer and, while it seemingly worked for a bit (though they subsequently said it could have been computer memory and not actual readings - honestly, I don’t get the impression that they know what they’re talking about/doing (they had told me I didn’t have Gorilla Glass as not an option for Jeep (I do and it is) and then they told me they didn’t know anything about TPMS 29093 versus 29057)), back to no TPMS reading/TPMS error (as how JLUSMC described). Jeep dealership then ordered new on-frame TPMS reading sensors (i.e. the ones that read the TPMS wheel sensors), as they thought this was (/is) maybe the issue, though I told them to standby after finding this thread. And so I drove a couple hundred miles as-was/as still is.

This week I had Discount Tire swap the 29093s for 29057s ($45 charge). They said that their programmer wouldn’t read or program the 29057 sensors (do they even need programming?) for the 2021 JLUR so I told them to scan the 29057s as if a RAM 1500 - all sensors confirmed transmitting. DT installed the 29057s and I drove the eight minutes home and no change to TPMS error. Drove for 15 minutes today and still no change.

Jeep dealership appointment on Monday so maybe they will just reset the computer again and it will finally work.

Original JLUR wheels/tires - including the TPMS sensors - are long gone.

Keep me posted and I’ll do the same.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

I had new 29093s in my new wheels/tires (Willys wheels/BFG KO2 315 Es) and, while they were transmitting/confirmed correct for the 2021 JLUR, Discount Tire couldn’t get my JLUR to read them.

Then took my JLUR to a Jeep dealership and they couldn’t figure anything out so they reset the computer and, while it seemingly worked for a bit (though they subsequently said it could have been computer memory and not actual readings - honestly, I don’t get the impression that they know what they’re talking about/doing (they had told me I didn’t have Gorilla Glass as not an option for Jeep (I do and it is) and then they told me they didn’t know anything about TPMS 29093 versus 29057)), back to no TPMS reading/TPMS error (as how JLUSMC described). Jeep dealership then ordered new on-frame TPMS reading sensors (i.e. the ones that read the TPMS wheel sensors), as they thought this was (/is) maybe the issue, though I told them to standby after finding this thread. And so I drove a couple hundred miles as-was/as still is.

This week I had Discount Tire swap the 29093s for 29057s ($45 charge). They said that their programmer wouldn’t read or program the 29057 sensors (do they even need programming?) for the 2021 JLUR so I told them to scan the 29057s as if a RAM 1500 - all sensors confirmed transmitting. DT installed the 29057s and I drove the eight minutes home and no change to TPMS error. Drove for 15 minutes today and still no change.

Jeep dealership appointment on Monday so maybe they will just reset the computer again and it will finally work.

I’ll be interested to hear how things go on Monday. I feel like the on frame sensors shouldn’t be an issue since they would have been working prior to the tie swap but for you it’s even more strange since they are OEM wheels with slightly larger tires.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That because DT does not use OE Schrader direct fit sensors and why they could not "program" them. They use a "programmable" 33500 Schrader sensor and they have not updated their TPMS tool yet so the new 29057 protocol was not in there. When you told them to program as a Ram that is then the protocol they loaded into the 33500"s (not 29057 direct fit sensors). the problem still could be the year of Ram they decided to use. Some Ram's use a 20398 and some use a 29057. They are completely different sensor protocol.

The best thing you can do is get the OEM part# from the parts dept when giving them your VIN. See if you are truly a 29057 (you should be with a July build but this year is messed up). Then get actual 29057's or get the OE TPMS from the dealer (albeit will cost more). Changing the transmitter on the actual Jeep is going to fix nothing. there is no way that is bad on such a new Jeep. You would be literally the first we have ever heard.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
That because DT does not use OE Schrader direct fit sensors and why they could not "program" them. They use a "programmable" 33500 Schrader sensor and they have not updated their TPMS tool yet so the new 29057 protocol was not in there. When you told them to program as a Ram that is then the protocol they loaded into the 33500"s (not 29057 direct fit sensors). the problem still could be the year of Ram they decided to use. Some Ram's use a 20398 and some use a 29057. They are completely different sensor protocol.

The best thing you can do is get the OEM part# from the parts dept when giving them your VIN. See if you are truly a 29057 (you should be with a July build but this year is messed up). Then get actual 29057's or get the OE TPMS from the dealer (albeit will cost more). Changing the transmitter on the actual Jeep is going to fix nothing. there is no way that is bad on such a new Jeep. You would be literally the first we have ever heard.
I verified from my VIN that I have the new 29057 sensors, installed the Schrader 29057 sensors and still don’t have them reading on the Jeep. Haven’t figured out the cause yet.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer