New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models?

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
You have two completely different part number sensors. The March is a 29093 and the August is a 29057. They will not work in each other vehicle. You will need to get the sensors swapped.
Ugh that sucks well I guess I will have to buy those then so her wheels work now. Sounds freakin stupid that this couldn't be fixed in a software update....
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Ugh that sucks well I guess I will have to buy those then so her wheels work now. Sounds freakin stupid that this couldn't be fixed in a software update....
Pretty much. FCA does not usually do a mid year part change like BMW does all the time. They usually keep them the same for the entire model years run. We only can assume is was a part issue and rather than having a bunch of Jeep’s sitting in a lot because zero 29093 supply they changed the part out to something they had. Hence the sensor that is used in the Ram truck and not many other FCA vehicles.

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I went through almost the exact same process. I bought a 21 Willys that arrived late May and went to a shop to put Rubicon wheels on my jeep and my Willys wheels onto a Sahara 4xe that arrived late July.

My jeep accepted the Rubicon sensors fine (I don't have a date on when they were made), but we had to swap the sensors from the 4xe's stock wheels with the Willys wheels. It worked fine after that, but what a frustrating hassle.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
TFA is completely different function and has nothing to do with them working or not. The protocol in the sensor is what talks to the Jeep.

All JKs and JL up to build date 6/5/21 can use Schrader 20398. This sensor does not have TFA capability.

Those same years can also use a 29093 (also 29117) which does have TFA capability so if your Jeep is equipped it will work.

After 6/5/21 (or close to it because we have three different dates from Jeep) the sensor completely changed due to Schrader being out of 29093 so they changed it to a 29057 which is also the same sensor in most Ram 1500 trucks.

These two sensors are not cross compatible and will not work in each other vehicle.

Hope that helps.
My JLUR was built post 6/5/2021; so this is why none of the brand new/transmitting Schrader 29093 TPMS modules are/have been working in the new wheels/tires (dealership was about to replace all of the on-frame sensors...).

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Will the newer sensors work in an older Jeep? Like if someone bought a set of rubicon takeoffs from a new rubicon?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Will the newer sensors work in an older Jeep? Like if someone bought a set of rubicon takeoffs from a new rubicon?
I doubt it, and I don’t know that you actually find new ones with TPMS, I tried and had to take them out. Should be cheap for Discount to swap your old ones in em.
FYI, I just listed my New Take Offs if your in the Charlotte area.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I doubt it, and I don’t know that you actually find new ones with TPMS, I tried and had to take them out. Should be cheap for Discount to swap your old ones in em.
FYI, I just listed my New Take Offs if your in the Charlotte area.
I have new take offs, just not sure what to tell people about if the sensors will work.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they are not cross compatible. Two completely different sensors and protocols.

Sponsored

dbrford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just read through this thread. My Jeep was built in August and I ordered the 29093 sensors for upcoming wheel change. I assume based on the information here that I need 29057? I purchased though tpmsbargains web store.

Question is - tpmsbargains lists three sensors that match 29057. Does it matter which I order?

https://www.tpmsbargains.com/searchresults.asp?Search=29057&Submit=

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just read through this thread. My Jeep was built in August and I ordered the 29093 sensors for upcoming wheel change. I assume based on the information here that I need 29057? I purchased though tpmsbargains web store.

Question is - tpmsbargains lists three sensors that match 29057. Does it matter which I order?

https://www.tpmsbargains.com/searchresults.asp?Search=29057&Submit=
All the same. A 29057 is a 29057. It will be listed for several cars as they work in other cars than just a Jeep Wrangler.

Mtenna99

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Programmer
Clubs

Have new tires showing up tomorrow. I have a 2021 built December 18th.
Looks like the tpms discount tires installed are these:

5 SCH 33560 TQ12 T10 315/433 EZGO 6YR/72K

anyone have any experience with these?
Sponsored