New TPMS sensors part for 2021+ models?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
After all the answers received here I went out and purchased 5 of the 29093 Schrader valves for my new wheels and tires. I then had the tire shop install them. I knew beforehand that i'd have to drive up to 20 min to get the sensors to sync with the system but after two days all I get is a dash message saying "Tire Pressure Unavailable" and a solid TPMS warning light. I had the tire shop confirm the sensors were working via handheld scanner. Last night I did a full reboot of the Tazer Mini I have and walla, the sensors started reading.......but....... as I drove to work (15 min) the pressure readings went blank, the light came back on and I have the same message appearing. Any Ideas what is going wrong or what I might do to correct the issue. I would like for my TPMS to work/display properly. Thanks in advance.
FYI: they are aftermarket wheels 17x9 -12 offset and 35" tires.
That’s what happened with the aftermarket sensors discount tried to put in mine, swapping to the originals synced in a couple miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jlusmc

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
That’s what happened with the aftermarket sensors discount tried to put in mine, swapping to the originals synced in a couple miles.
Guess that will be tomorrow's project. Hope that's all it takes

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
jlusmc

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
Update: broke down and had the stock sensors taken out and put into my new wheels/tires. Wasn't even out of shop parking when presto... the tpms started working again. Thanks everyone for suggestions and ideas.

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just put my 2021 Rubicon wheels (completely stock wheels with original sensors/tires) onto my wife's 2021 Jeep Sahara...three days and about 80 miles and nothing - her Jeep wont even recognize them. Tazer will be here tomorrow...hoping that has something to solve this...

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Just put my 2021 Rubicon wheels (completely stock wheels with original sensors/tires) onto my wife's 2021 Jeep Sahara...three days and about 80 miles and nothing - her Jeep wont even recognize them. Tazer will be here tomorrow...hoping that has something to solve this...
One was probably built before 6/5/21 and the other after so they use different sensors. Jeep did A mid year change because of supply issues. Relearn should take about a mile driving.

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
One was probably built before 6/5/21 and the other after so they use different sensors. Jeep did A mid year change because of supply issues. Relearn should take about a mile driving.
So even though they switched parts the system should still learn the sensors regardless right? Not sure if parking the two Jeeps right next to each other in the driveway is screwing things up either haha =)

Rubicon was built in March 2021 and Sahara was built in August 2021

Xavier613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Man I'm having the same issue, tpms on these things suck! Got new wheels, tires and tpms last Saturday and not 1 has synched yet. Shop read all 5 today perfectly, but after 500 miles of driving they still haven't synched once. Guess I'll just disable them tomorrow.

Of the 15+ sets of wheels with tpms I've gone through in the last 10 years I haven't had a single issue until these.

OP
OP
jlusmc

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
Man I'm having the same issue, tpms on these things suck! Got new wheels, tires and tpms last Saturday and not 1 has synched yet. Shop read all 5 today perfectly, but after 500 miles of driving they still haven't synched once. Guess I'll just disable them tomorrow.

Of the 15+ sets of wheels with tpms I've gone through in the last 10 years I haven't had a single issue until these.
I had the same issue as you are discribing and ended up having to switch out my new aftermarket sensors for my stock sensors to make mine read. If they don't pickup and start reading within 10 min or so of driving they aren't going to. Even if the sensors show as working on a handheld scanner.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I had the same issue as you are discribing and ended up having to switch out my new aftermarket sensors for my stock sensors to make mine read. If they don't pickup and start reading within 10 min or so of driving they aren't going to. Even if the sensors show as working on a handheld scanner.
I ordered a set of the new ones listed in my link - I'll let you know :)

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I have a set of 2018 factory Rubi wheels with the original TPMS I took off. I plan to put them in my wife’s 2021 Sahara when it comes in. Are you guys saying they won’t sync? Thanks in advance

OP
OP
jlusmc

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
I have a set of 2018 factory Rubi wheels with the original TPMS I took off. I plan to put them in my wife’s 2021 Sahara when it comes in. Are you guys saying they won’t sync? Thanks in advance
Possibly, it depends on when you're Sahara was made vs when they started using newer sensors.

I know all JLs with tire fill alert function have the newer style sensors but, I'm not sure if all JLs have that feature or what manufacture date they started using them. Depending on date of manufacture and available features you may or may not be able to use the 18 Rubi sensors. Clear as mud isn't it......

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So even though they switched parts the system should still learn the sensors regardless right? Not sure if parking the two Jeeps right next to each other in the driveway is screwing things up either haha =)

Rubicon was built in March 2021 and Sahara was built in August 2021
You have two completely different part number sensors. The March is a 29093 and the August is a 29057. They will not work in each other vehicle. You will need to get the sensors swapped.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the Sahara is built after June 5 then no they are completely different.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Possibly, it depends on when you're Sahara was made vs when they started using newer sensors.

I know all JLs with tire fill alert function have the newer style sensors but, I'm not sure if all JLs have that feature or what manufacture date they started using them. Depending on date of manufacture and available features you may or may not be able to use the 18 Rubi sensors. Clear as mud isn't it......
TFA is completely different function and has nothing to do with them working or not. The protocol in the sensor is what talks to the Jeep.

All JKs and JL up to build date 6/5/21 can use Schrader 20398. This sensor does not have TFA capability.

Those same years can also use a 29093 (also 29117) which does have TFA capability so if your Jeep is equipped it will work.

After 6/5/21 (or close to it because we have three different dates from Jeep) the sensor completely changed due to Schrader being out of 29093 so they changed it to a 29057 which is also the same sensor in most Ram 1500 trucks.

These two sensors are not cross compatible and will not work in each other vehicle.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored