New TPms sensors not reading

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
I finally put tpms sensors we stock at my work in my aftermarket wheels so the light would go off ... Well the fronts are reading 34psi which I have 36 in the tires and the rears don’t read at all....I’ve used our snap-on scanner to read all the sensors and I’ve driven around a lot but still no reset ..Any suggestions?
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You have to drive it around for a bit before the TPMS sensors start reading. Don't pay too much attention to the actual number. PSI fluctuates quite a bit as you drive and as it sits

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
You have to drive it around for a bit before the TPMS sensors start reading. Don't pay too much attention to the actual number. PSI fluctuates quite a bit as you drive and as it sits
It’s just that it’s been 2 days ..it usually never takes this long on other cars I replace the sensors ..And of course it’s my Jeep that it doesn’t work .

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
It’s weird cause the other day when I took my stock wheels off and put the aftermarket ones on the dash still read the readings of the stock wheels until maybe after about an hour of driving where the light finally came on and only the rears aren’t reading ..

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if it has been two days then there's definitely something wrong. Likely with the sensors but possibly with the Jeep. I recently had a punctured/repaired tire moved to the spare and the spare put on the front and the tech drove it and it didn't register the sensor (kept saying 22 psi which was the last reading on the punctured tire). He plugged in the scanner and it told him it needed to re-learn the sensor. After I drove it for a couple of miles, it picked up the new sensor. Since you're talking days here, I'd be questioning the sensors first, Jeep second

Sponsored

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Ok so update I just drove my Jeep for about an hour averaging about 40mph..Front tires changed a lot from 35-37psi and the rears still aren’t reading ...But all the sensors read with the scanner ..Is there any kind of scanner I need to hook up to reset the system?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so update I just drove my Jeep for about an hour averaging about 40mph..Front tires changed a lot from 35-37psi and the rears still aren’t reading ...But all the sensors read with the scanner ..Is there any kind of scanner I need to hook up to reset the system?
Nothing to hook up as they are self learning, seems lots here have trouble with these sensors even some have move there OEM sensors to new wheels and have had issues and others have no trouble at all, several think it’s not the sensors it’s the modules that read them.

My original set of aftermarket read pressures fine but the idiot light never went out and the new set come and go and I have just give up, I have give some mind to just pull the dam things and use the tire gage in my glove box like I used to do long before TPMS sensors

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
It is a Jeep issue and their signal it is sending to the TPMS is weak. When aftermarket tires and lifted it is now even harder for the signal. Until Jeep fixes the issue there is nothing to do. We have found that the OE sensor Schrader 20398 has the best success rate but it is still hit of miss.

I sell TPMS and have an 18 JL lifted with Toyo tires and we cannot make it work. We have put on 6 different brands. Tested it until our eyes popped out. Best we can get is the 20398 to at least read the psi but the light won’t go out because it is only catching the psi frequent enough to get a reading but not transmitting a constant signal so the light won’t go out because it thinks there is an issue.

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Ughhh not what I wanted to hear lol..Guess I just wasted my time Sunday installing them in my wheels , I’m not even gonna try to do it again with my OEM sensors . Maybe one day it will miraculously start reading .

OP
OP
LittleG

LittleG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara
Ok so another update it’s been 6 months and I learned to live with the tpms light on ...2 days ago a miracle happened and the rear sensors started reading and the light went out ..I’m driving to work today the tpms light starts flashing again , well now the front sensors aren’t reading ....wtf ! #2020 ....any ideas ?
Sponsored