Sponsored

New to the JL 2021 JLUR (sorry to beat the loose fuse thing to death)

Mearsje

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Another success story for pushing in the fuses and relays after the CEL and EVIC wanted me to get the power steering system serviced with zero power steering on a 2021 JLUR with 3300 miles. (Purchased Feb 2021) All relays were not fully seated along with half of the spade fuses. One 10mm nut on the bus bar (PDC?) on the engine side of the fuse box was only finger tight. All problems have went away and back in business. You would think FCA would finger this out by now.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Another success story for pushing in the fuses and relays after the CEL and EVIC wanted me to get the power steering system serviced with zero power steering on a 2021 JLUR with 3300 miles.
I'm curious, any reason to think the problem was due to the "loose" fuses/relays instead of the loose nut?

OP
OP

Mearsje

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm curious, any reason to think the problem was due to the "loose" fuses/relays instead of the loose nut?
After the problem emerged, I found this forum reporting the fuse issues. While I was in the fuse box I checked everything in there and took care of it all at once. It may of very well been the loose nut, I have no way of telling.

Rrr8400

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
For those have you that have found loose fuses at delivery or after and pushed them in, do they stay that way?

After reading on this forum I checked mine when I first got the Jeep. They were actually ok. That was about two months ago. I had the hood open for something else and checked again today. I'd say 80% of them were not pushed all the way in. Do they loosen while driving? Only have done some very tame offroading. The dealer replaced the 4x4 module last week because of an axel locker problem, I don't know where that is located or if they had to take out the fuse array to get to it and thats why they were loose, or if this is something I need to check frequently

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Mine stayed pushed down.

Sponsored

BWillys

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Another success story for pushing in the fuses and relays after the CEL and EVIC wanted me to get the power steering system serviced with zero power steering on a 2021 JLUR with 3300 miles. (Purchased Feb 2021) All relays were not fully seated along with half of the spade fuses. One 10mm nut on the bus bar (PDC?) on the engine side of the fuse box was only finger tight. All problems have went away and back in business. You would think FCA would finger this out by now.
I have a 2021 JLU Willys with 300 miles. After reading this I checked all the fuses and relays this morning. I was able to push down every relay and about half of the fuses.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers are not going to lift a finger unless there is an identified “problem.” They rather have you get stranded on the side of the road and have the Jeep towed into the service dept., than lift the hood, pop off the box cover and push the fuses down.

If you want it done, you have to do it yourself.

SpaceCase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
Dealers are not going to lift a finger unless there is an identified “problem.” They rather have you get stranded on the side of the road and have the Jeep towed into the service dept., than lift the hood, pop off the box cover and push the fuses down.

If you want it done, you have to do it yourself.
My dealer actually did it in front of me!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer actually did it in front of me!
Nine out of 10 Jeep dealers are not going to do it.

Count your blessings...and send them a box of chocolates! :LOL:

Last edited:

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Mine stayed down.

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hey Everyone,

Well... I thought that most of reports of unseated fuses and relays may just be one-off situations.

I was wrong.

Yesterday while working under the hood, I took the time to check the fuses and relays. Roughly 25% of the fuses weren't fully seated, and roughly 50% of the relays were not fully seated.

I've not had any issues, although we only have about 260 miles on the JLUR. I don't know that we would have experienced because of this as nothing was "falling-out loose"; but, I appreciate the OP for starting this thread (and other the other threads) so that we can make sure we can eliminate this as a possible problem.

Jeff

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I made a discovery that will show how far reaching this problem is. I service My 2019 JLRU and 2019 Grand Caravan. Oil changes, filters, tire ritations and etc... So I've made it a habit to check the fuses and relays on the JLRUat each oil change and decided to check the Caravan's. All fuses and relays were loose and not fully seated. A few were kind of just sitting there and required a lot of downward movement to seat fully. Hadn't noticed anything odd with the Caravan, but it's a wonder we hadn't had issues.

Anyway, seems to be more than Jeeps are getting the loose fuses and relays accessory package.

rcitone

First Name
Wen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I had a 2022 JLUR delivered in March. Checked all fuses and all were seated. I happened to check them again today when I replace a blown fuse. All 20a and 30a fuses are loose! Can’t believe how this could happen.
Sponsored