New to the Jeep World - Need hep with the suspension

ReCKzX

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hello all, long time lurker on the Jeep forums, but first time poster. I am going to be getting a new vehicle later this year (Summer/Fall) and have it narrowed down to a 2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon or a 2018 Ford Raptor. I am just trying to do some research ahead of time.

I just recently sold my Tundra late last year and got a 2017 Honda Civic for a DD. Now I have the itch to get back into the SUV/Truck world. I will be keeping my DD and the new vehicle will see about 5,000-10,000 miles a year. Will be splitting time with the DD to commute to work and will be the weekend rig for sure. Coming from a Tundra, the Jeep suspension is totally different.

My Tundra had King 2.5 Coilovers up front and King 2.5 Rear Shocks. Also had new Upper Control Arms. So it was a mid travel setup. With the Jeep, it seems as if everything is different. So this is where I am asking for your help.

Link to my Tundra build: https://www.tundras.com/threads/reckzxs-build.4169/

I want to run 37's and have a fully capable suspension setup without doing anything crazy. Crazy as far as 10K axles. Maybe sometime way down the road (wayyyyyyy down the road).

So I see a lot of people running the Mopar lift kit, been reading a lot about that. However, I am pretty sure I want to run coilovers/bypasses but nothing seems available yet for the JL. Which isn't a big deal because I haven't decided on a vehicle yet.

What are the first things I will need to buy in order to fit the 37's? New shocks, new controls arms???

I prefer to do everything right the first time. I learned this the hard way and that is one of the reasons why I sold my Tundra. I bought a lift kit, then a mid travel kit and then I wanted to do a long travel kit, but ultimately decided to sell the truck and start over on something else.

Sorry for the long thread and thanks in advance for the help!

Cameron
Sponsored