New to The Jeep community

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend few things to help,

1. Make a plan what you want to do with the Jeep (rock, overland, weekend warier)
2. Decide final look of the Jeep ( tire size, bumpers, extra items, this will decide the lift and spring tension) get inspired by looking over build post on the web.
3. Get items when you got extra cash and start building
5. Small of the cheap mods are some of the most fun to do
6. And most importantly this is your Jeep make it the way you want it.
@Hypermac954 this is a good list. My only addition to what @KaDeTime says is a 1a or 2a:

Get out there - Go do what you plan to do with the Jeep before you buy anything. The Rubicon is incredibly capable straight out of the gate and you'll find you can do almost anything a first time Jeep owner would want to do. Taking a few trips to places that seem like they fit with your chosen Jeep lifestyle will give you valuable insight into what you actually NEED to buy. 'Getting out there' also has the side benefit of letting you show off the JL and meeting a bunch of likeminded Jeep people who have lots of opinions on aftermarket suppliers and parts.

And if you don't know what you want to do yet, all the better. Just go try everything. Like all the others have said, you'll love it.
Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I agree with gumbyhoss, however I've never owned a Jeep.

"Getting out there" costs money, so consider that if you are on a budget. I would still keep it at 1a though. Coming from track driving a vehicle we always told first time drivers the first car modification was to fix the big loose nut behind the wheel. Sounds like it is the same for off-roading. The best thing you can do (although we never follow our own advice!) is to gain experience.

I'd offer another suggestion...if you are traveling somewhere, maybe you can buy that experience by renting a similar jeep to do similar off-roading as you want to do. That's my current plan anyway!