Sponsored

New to the forum...just got my 2019 JLUR!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
There's a lot of range between "mall crawling" and hardcore off-roading like rock-climbing. There's the whole off-road/trail/beach thing where you can take a stock Jeep/Rubicon and not beat the crap out of it but still go farther than say, a Prius or even a Subaru. Some of us bought them to drive to those kinds of places in addition to the mall. :like: Honestly, I bought my JLUR because it is the closest thing on the market to my old Grand Wagoneer... comfortable, capable, Dana 44s at both ends, etc. If they made a JLUR with a slightly stretched cargo area, all metal body/fixed roof, and either a fold-down hatch like the Grand Wagoneer or barn-doors like an FJ40, I would be all over that.
Second the Grand Wagoneer, that's on my wish list. My old boss from when I was a wee lad had a pastel yellow one with the "wood" sides on it, I loved that thing. Pretty sure you could fit an elephant in the back with the seats down.

Don't get me wrong, our Jeeps are all over the Target and Walmart parking lots as much as they are crawling over rock gardens :) I just like to make fun of other people I consider lesser than myself because it makes me feel good about myself and helps me deal with my low self esteem and insecurities. It all started when I was three and my dad left my mom, and... and... and...
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Couldnt agree more !
I take my Jeep into the woods , across streams ,and down trails daily , driving to fishing spots I used to hike into. Put my waders on right on the spot. Its neither a rock crawler nor a mall crawler. It is by far and away the most fun vehicle I have ever owned !

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Second the Grand Wagoneer, that's on my wish list. My old boss from when I was a wee lad had a pastel yellow one with the "wood" sides on it, I loved that thing. Pretty sure you could fit an elephant in the back with the seats down.

Don't get me wrong, our Jeeps are all over the Target and Walmart parking lots as much as they are crawling over rock gardens :) I just like to make fun of other people I consider lesser than myself because it makes me feel good about myself and helps me deal with my low self esteem and insecurities. It all started when I was three and my dad left my mom, and... and... and...
Plus ,its just a hoot to make fun of people !;)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I take my Jeep into the woods , across streams ,and down trails daily , driving to fishing spots I used to hike into. Put my waders on right on the spot. Its neither a rock crawler nor a mall crawler. It is by far and away the most fun vehicle I have ever owned !

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG
I can say I'm very jealous, the Mrs. and I would be all over that. We like it all... beach, trails, rocks but for me the most fun I have is obstacles and rocks. I love the technical side, the challenge and just the feel of it... never thought climbing over stuff could be so much fun. I like helping others on the trails to see how much fun and how capable our Jeeps are too.
And hey, others like the challenge of pulling into the perfect spot at the mall and making sure they are completely centered between the lines and then looking back at their Jeep and smiling as they walk into Nordstrom's and that's OK too... I guess ;)
Sponsored