New to Offroading. Looking for good beginner trails in San Diego area

Glendawg619

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTRD
The San Diego jeep club has a open run once a month for all members. Just look them up on Facebook, then look under the events tab.
Sponsored

ForumUserName

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 4xe
I'm in San Diego, waiting on my Rubicon to be built and delivered, after that I'll be up for SoCal trails. There's some great adventures to be had out here. Santiago, Sandstone Canyon, Rattle snake canyon, Berdoo canyon.

OP
OP
WhtRubi

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I'm in San Diego, waiting on my Rubicon to be built and delivered, after that I'll be up for SoCal trails. There's some great adventures to be had out here. Santiago, Sandstone Canyon, Rattle snake canyon, Berdoo canyon.
Good luck with your delivery! Once it comes in, DM me if you need a trail buddy

ForumUserName

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL 4xe
The wait is killing me lol, but yeah will definitely be looking to hit trails as soon as I get it.

Sponsored

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Cleghorn scares the heck out of me. Had a buddy flop his jeep down the chute. Granted, he went too high on the wall, but it is relatively easy to flop on cleghorn if you’re not careful.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Sandstone canyon via fish creek wash in Anza Borrego is an awesome beginner friendly adventure near you. I'd hit that area before coming all the way up to Cleghorn if it were me. Big Bear has a ton of amazing trails of all difficulty levels too once you make it up this way. You can run almost the entire SBNF west to east on trail. Cleghorn to Pilot Rock, then to Dishpan Springs (kind of challenging) and then Holcomb Valley Road. Then at the end of HVR you can take 2N02 Burns Canyon to Pioneertown to end out on the Yucca Valley side. Fun trip, especially in the winter. You can skip Dishpan until you're ready for more crawling stufff and just cruise the roads to between Pilot Rock and Green Valley Lake where Holcomb Valley Road begins. Gold Mountain, Holcomb Creek, and John Bull are amazing crawling trails once you are ready to try those kinds of trails. Your rig is certainly capable as is and can do basically anything with a 2-2.5" lift and 35s.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Hi y'all, I'm up here in Temecula and now that football season is over and my Rams took home the hardware :rock: I'll def be down for hitting some trails around here on Sundays/Mondays
Hoping to do Palomar Divide tomorrow ...there are all sorts of trails around here if anyone plans on going...hit us up on here

socalguy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Hey everyone. I am from San Diego too, and just about to learn and start with basic trails on my 4xe. Will be glad to join some of you during weekends from now on.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Go out to truckhaven tomorrow for tierra del sol!
Sponsored