Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Greeting Jeep Community,

I recently purchased a RhinoUSA 20’ (3” width) recovery strap for my Jeep. I do not yet have a steel front bumper or winch (drool) but at least want to have one recovery method available. I do not have the tow package but do have the standard rear recovery hook and the front 2 recovery hooks. The recovery strap has 2 closed-loop ends. Can the strap be used on its own by hooking the looped ends between Jeeps using these standard hooks, or are D-Rings required? Thanks in advance for your advice!
Sponsored

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You can use the hooks alone, be careful of slack in the line let the hoops come off the hooks, do not use a d-ring shackle with the hooks, a kinetic recovery rope might be a better option than the strap, they have more energy and create a softer pull

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Go back to Rhino again and order a couple of the 3" x 8' tree saver straps. In a pinch you could wrap them around an axle. And pick up a soft shackle from somewhere to attach the recovery rope to those straps.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Get at least one of these (I have two):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZXM12XC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've already used it twice to pull other people out. Both of them with larger rigs than my 2 door. Oh wait do you have a winch? If not the soft shackles are still worth the investment. It'll give you a way to connect to other vehicles that don't have a recovery point. Just save the ring for when you do get a winch.
Sponsored