First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
...that is advertised as having the same strength as red but the fastener is more easily removable. I saw they have Gel consistency Loctite so I got the Orange in Gel for my Bora Wheel Spacer install and some Blue Gel too.

Pretty cool innovations there. It’s been sometimes messy. Once in a while I’ve not had heat to apply to a fastener to more easily break loose higher torque fasteners so the benefits of the Orange Gel is nice.

Just a heads up in case nobody noticed. https://www.permatex.com/products/t...h-strength-removable-orange-threadlocker-gel/
Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that a little bit ago. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one surprised by that. I have some now. Good stuff and I like that it’s stronger than blue but removable as well.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the share, I was just about to buy some blue but think this will serve me better.

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
The blue I just bought yesterday is going back to Walmart. Probably have to get orange online because our stores in my small town take forever to get new items!

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I’ve been using Fastenal Red since I was a teenager. I’m not sure how it compares to real Loc-Tite Red, but I’ve never had a problem getting bolts out that I’ve sealed with it before.

Sponsored

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought this a few weeks ago and used it for a few bolts during my gear swap. No long term experience with it but figured it would be better suited for the job than the blue stuff.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Orange loctite probably comes in a green container. :giggle:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
...that is advertised as having the same strength as red but the fastener is more easily removable. I saw they have Gel consistency Loctite so I got the Orange in Gel for my Bora Wheel Spacer install and some Blue Gel too.

Pretty cool innovations there. It’s been sometimes messy. Once in a while I’ve not had heat to apply to a fastener to more easily break loose higher torque fasteners so the benefits of the Orange Gel is nice.

Just a heads up in case nobody noticed. https://www.permatex.com/products/t...h-strength-removable-orange-threadlocker-gel/
Thanks...... at least you only cost me 10.00 not 500.00......😂

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’ve been using Fastenal Red since I was a teenager. I’m not sure how it compares to real Loc-Tite Red, but I’ve never had a problem getting bolts out that I’ve sealed with it before.
I’ve always been able to but there have been a couple that have been a bear to mess with. I figure why not try it if it really does have the same vibration retention strength but will remove more easily when you put a socket on it.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
There is green loctite too
It’s been around a long time and would guess it might be akin to the strength of using spray paint on a bolt. Paint was taught as a back up in automotive machine class in the event that’s all you had.
Sponsored