Sponsored

New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
I'm hoping to put on 35 or 37 inch tires before I leave the dealership with this purchase; if the dealership can find either the mopar jpp lift kit (part #: 77072399AE), or can use a Gladiator Rubicon diesel lift, I'll have the dealerahip do a 2 inch lift and either 35 or 37 inch tires (no larger than that). This is my post military deployments therapy--to get out.
Thanks for your service!

The Diesel has the tallest springs. When I have looked at then compared to gas rubi they are taller.
I have run the 3.0 on mine they add 1 -1.5 to a 3.6 rubi. You can run 35's with AEV ( +25mm offset ) no rub. Might want to think about just spacer lift 1-2 inch.
Glad JT springs are shorter than JL's.

Jeep Wrangler JL New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc. JL JT Rub Mojave
Sponsored

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
I'm new to Jeeping--I really don't have any experience, that's why I'm asking--

but to be told by a Dealer that there is no way to lift a 21' Rubi Diesel without violating the warranty, because there isn't a specific lift available for the Diesel Rubi seems to run against what I'm reading on the forums that there are lifts, that work well, and I might likely find another dealership that will accommodate. Unfortunate that there is difficultly finding the JPP Wrangler Lift Kit (part # 77072399AE) which seemed warranty safe jeep branded specific.

Not knowing better--but 4-6 inches lift would help to go over some of the areas I've seen hiking, at least to compensate/help with the learning curve I'll be on as I push what I can do over stuff.
Mate,

Have a '20 Rubi 2.2L Diesel with BFG muddies here in Australia that I just picked up JUST 4 weeks ago. Already put 4166 km (and got 12.5L/100km with trailer and rooftop carrier - 2588 miles at 18.8 mpg) on her with the Jeep club at an offload park and a huge road trip into the outback. The thing is a BEAST! Look at this rock valley I climbed STOCK, used to be only Comp Trucks would venture here a few years ago. Oh how far Wranglers have come! Nimble as a goat, well balanced and the ONLY issues I've had are a tad of rubbing on the skid plates from lack of lift (also got hung up coming off a 30 degree climb, mate try and climb 30 degrees and see what I'm talking about!). Last small issue is the Jeep squats with my 1000kg offload trailer attached.

So my advice is get the rig, drive it, join a 4wd club and use the knowledge and comradeship to guide you into good decisions once you're ready. Like anything, you won't know what to do/change/upgrade until you've experienced it!

I plan to upgrade with a 2.5" lift, adjustible shocks, and maybe airbags to level the towing load (haven't picked the lift yet), upgrade to second set of wheels with 34" A/T tires, STEDI offload lights, a Warn winch and low bar and I'll be set. I've already installed the tow bar, towing wiring harness, my Towpro tow controller, GME UHF radio, and an ultra low-pro roof rack of Rhino Rack RTV track bolted straight to the roof and four crossbars on those. Key is install what you KNOW you need, and wait on the rest as you learn what you actually NEED. My goal is a touring 4wd to take my young family and tow my offload camper to remote locations, then 4wd and rock crawl while there.

Enjoy and good luck.

CaptStarboard
Jeep Wrangler JL New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc. IMG_7616.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc. tempImagewYLMGi
Jeep Wrangler JL New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc. tempImage4LvYJP
Jeep Wrangler JL New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc. tempImagevCTmeU
Jeep Wrangler JL New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc. tempImagexgNyuA

Last edited: