Mall Crawler

First Name
James and Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hello new to jeeping and looking to start venturing little more off the beaten path and have been looking at bumpers and winches and have narrowed the bumpers down to the Metalcloak #2401 and the Quadratec QRC Stubby. As for the winch I really like the Quadratec Q-Performance Stealth winch with Synthetic Rope just trying to decide between the 10K or 12K version, not sure if I would need the extra 2k but would rather have it and not need it, instead of needing it and not having it. Any input would be appreciated and if there is a different route to go please explain the reasoning why it would be a better choice along with any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello new to jeeping and looking to start venturing little more off the beaten path and have been looking at bumpers and winches and have narrowed the bumpers down to the Metalcloak #2401 and the Quadratec QRC Stubby. As for the winch I really like the Quadratec Q-Performance Stealth winch with Synthetic Rope just trying to decide between the 10K or 12K version, not sure if I would need the extra 2k but would rather have it and not need it, instead of needing it and not having it. Any input would be appreciated and if there is a different route to go please explain the reasoning why it would be a better choice along with any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Ive got the stealth winch (10,000) , got a dozen recoveries on it now, all kinds of different vehicles. Hasn’t missed a beat. Never once acted like it needed to be more powerful....... I’ve had it almost a year now, no issues....:)

E5AFCBC8-B94C-44C2-B196-302236A17F4C.jpeg

Last edited:

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always run Warn but looking at the stealth for my wife’s Jeep. She says she needs a good winch to pull me out because I get stuck a lot. I didn’t appreciate her comment.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I say save the weight of the 12K and get the 10K. you can always use a pulley if you need to grab anything heavier than 10k. as for the bumpers i dont have experience with either you have listed

Sponsored

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Used the new Smittybilt XRC 9,500lb with Maximus-3 winch plate with stock steel bumper. Love it!

8A1EC794-4580-405F-B661-D3BD71A3DFFA.jpeg

OP
OP
Mall Crawler

Mall Crawler

First Name
James and Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the QRC full width , simply for deer protection on fenders. Added the smittybilt X20 Comp 12k.
20190828_123649.jpg
If the full width was available before the end of June I would consider it. Plus no deer here in Vegas to worry about hitting, just tourist! lol

OP
OP
Mall Crawler

Mall Crawler

First Name
James and Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ive got the stealth winch (10,000) , got over a dozen recoveries on it now, all kinds of different vehicles. Hasn’t missed a beat. Never once acted like it needed to be more powerful....... I’ve had it almost a year now, no issues....:)

E5AFCBC8-B94C-44C2-B196-302236A17F4C.jpeg
That makes me feel a lot better about leaning towards the 10k! Thank!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve always run Warn but looking at the stealth for my wife’s Jeep. She says she needs a good winch to pull me out because I get stuck a lot. I didn’t appreciate her comment.
Sounds like she could use the reliability of a hand-crank powered winch. Hahaha

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Seeing that you are new to this my suggestion is to by tow straps and find people that are local to you too take you out and as you gain experience in the trailer you will learn what you need and don't need

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You will be just fine with 10K unless you want to go into the recovery business. Take into consideration that a 12K weighs more and is a little bigger. You may have an issue mounting a 12K in some bumpers. I have the Mopar steel front bumper and this 10K Warn winch barely fit. It is said that when choosing a Winch (Correction) you should go with a minimum of 1 1/2 times your vehicle weight for adequate self recovery. More if you intend to recover vehicles of greater weight and size of your own. also be aware (Example) that you may have a winch rated at 12K but the cheap rope you got from the dollar store is rated at 2000 lbs. which will fail first? You will have the limits of your Winch, Tow hooks, Rope, Shackles and the limits of the point on the other guys vehicle you attach to.

Winch.JPG

Last edited:

ale70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After I bought the JLUR I was looking at bumpers every day, all day. But then, slowly the factory steel bumper that I already had on grew on me. So, I ended up installing the Warn Evo 10 Synthetic rope and I really love the stealth, clean look while still having all the power that it has.

image0 (1).jpeg
Sponsored