New to Jeep!

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
After 16 years and 276K miles on a '03 Yukon Denali XL I went for a smaller platform since 4 of the 5 kids have fledged. My commute is a whopping 8 miles and I REFUSE to go electric even though it is PC to do so here in the DMV (District/Maryland/Virgina) metro area.

I do a lot of fishing and hunting. WV mountains in the 3000 elevation range is what I frequent often for deer, turkey and bear. I can't wait to take the first picture of the truck at the top of Newcreek Mountian and have the vista towards the east as the backdrop.

My '18 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk Metallic was the only one of it's kind on the lot. I really wanted the lime green color to match my kayak but my spousal unit didn't approve that. I was able to get the Punk'n color after a glass of wine! LOL

I got an amazing price on the vehicle. I shouldn't tell you all the exact details but when the finance officer calls me back to say there had been a HUGE error in the initial price (in my favor) my honor and christian principals wouldn't let me stick them with their issue. So we negotiated a decent settlement.

If anyone cares to chime in I'm curious on the thoughts of modifying the vehicle in significant amounts and the possibility of the dealership voiding the extended warranty. First simple mod I'm tossing around is an after market cold air system.

jeep.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Well, it is an 18 and Jeep is getting ready to roll out the 20's in July, so I'd take an awesome discount and use that MY difference in your favor:like:

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
To me, cashing out your extended warranty and using that money for a nice lift (and tires depending what you paid) is the w2g.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If anyone cares to chime in I'm curious on the thoughts of modifying the vehicle in significant amounts and the possibility of the dealership voiding the extended warranty. First simple mod I'm tossing around is an after market cold air system.

jeep.PNG
Click on the search icon in the upper right hand corner, click on the more button, then enter 'warranty'. There are many examples of where dealerships will void the warranty specific to certain situations. For example, if you change any of the steering components and another steering component goes bad, they will void the warranty specific to the steering system. You can always save the original parts, then put the original parts back on before you bring it in. But some dealerships will see wear on bolts and see that something has been changed, which will raise a red flag. Some dealerships are super picky, and some are nice about it. So it depends on which dealership. And there are even a few extreme ones, like this one - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/dust-in-cab-voiding-warranty-repair.24905/ And this one - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-217#post-626135

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
put 5-10k miles on it before you do ANYTHING to it. please, please and please

It doesn't need much to make it more capable than you will ever need it to be.

285/70/17 AT tires, new wheels of your choice, with the specs for the look you want. A 2" lift if you plan on heavy bumpers to compensate for the weight...or no lift and aluminum bumpers, a winch, better rocker protection( replace sahara steps with sliders of your choosing)

Forget about CAI, just get a higher flowing filter for the stock box.
Volant does look sweet under the hood though, but I would only do an intake upgrade if your doing exhaust as well, I would wait for both of those and work on the off road capability of it first.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
My '18 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk Metallic was the only one of it's kind on the lot. I really wanted the lime green color to match my kayak but my spousal unit didn't approve that. I was able to get the Punk color after a glass of wine! LOL
Welcome to the Punkn' club :) Excellent choice in color!!! And enjoy your jeep!!!

Regarding the warranty, we bought ours with the lifetime warranty since we plan to keep mostly stock. If you plan on keeping it long term just be careful with what mods you choose ;)
Sponsored