Sponsored

(New to Jeep) Is that the reason I think the 33" tires look great?

Love6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I notice many talking about 35-40" tires and I think the stock 33's look perfect. Admittedly this is my first Wrangler, but I have seen two 392's in person and I definitely think the look is adequate and looks good - (off-road-worthy) - while presumably being a much better option for daily driving.

But, it seems many disagree and are opting for larger tires? Just curious why the larger tires are so popular? Are their any other owners or future owners that agree with me on the 33's looking great?

Thanks for any replies!!
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I also like the stock tires/height, but I don't do any rock climbing with my vehicle. Most who lift and go for larger tires do so to actually increase their rigs height and capabilities to tackle anything on a trail. Some do it because they like the beefier look of a larger tire.

392Stinger

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392, 2021 Tahoe
I also like the stock tires/height, but I don't do any rock climbing with my vehicle. Most who lift and go for larger tires do so to actually increase their rigs height and capabilities to tackle anything on a trail. Some do it because they like the beefier look of a larger tire.
I went to 35’s and aftermarket wheels simply to make it look beefier and I prefer the stance better to fill the wheel wells. 37’s look great but I don’t need them and didn’t want to rob any of the power this thing has and with 35’s I’ve noticed no power loss.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I agree - I think the 33’s look great and the overall 392 stance is awesome with the extra inch of suspension. It has an athletic look vs heavy and lumbering. Even so, I’m putting 35s on!

OP
OP
Love6MT

Love6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
After seeing the Extreme Recon Package I am considering trying to add that to my build.

It does look really good, not sure.... Wondering how that will affect gas mileage and acceleration.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
After seeing the Extreme Recon Package I am considering trying to add that to my build.

It does look really good, not sure.... Wondering how that will affect gas mileage and acceleration.
I'd bet mileage and acceleration will both be nearly identical to the non XR 392 due the better 456 gear ratio. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if acceleration actually improves a tiny bit, despite the 35's.
Sponsored