New to jeep community

shadguts

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have been reading various wrangler forums almost a year since I decided to pull the trigger on a new JL. Many hours of reading posts , research and building jeeps on the website I decided to go with a V6 auto stripped JLUR hardtop I felt it gave me the most bang for my budget. But first I had to sell the boss first so I rented a JL Sport and drove from SWFL up to Daytona did a little light off road and beach driving and she was sold. The only thing we missed was power locks otherwise it was fine so a stripped Rubicon fit the bill probably more off road capable than I will need but I have it if I need it. I drag raced cars for 20 years and I found if you overbuild in the beginning you save many thousands in the end. We bought it online and had to drive it home over a thousand miles and I had read about tire pressures (came with the Falken wildpeak m/t tires) in the forum so I aired down first to 38psi it got better then to 36psi it got even better(first jeep purchase $40 digital tire gauge). My wife got her first turn to drive on way the home in a 30mph cross headwind not an easy task but she handled it with only a little fussing. MPG I got was at 70 to 75mph 18.5mpg , 65mph 20mpg and driving 55 to 60mph 22mpg . Mostly flat terrain. I was cool with that. Now we begin our off road adventures. I don't know what it is about these things they are just so fun I wish I would have got one years ago.
Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Fort Myers in the house! Welcome.

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
Welcome!!

Sponsored

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Welcome. I'm also into drag racing, mainly just heavy built muscle cars and street racing for 25+ years. Huge NHRA fan.