New to jeep and forum and many questions

Sarahg

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
I am new to Jeep, just know that I want one. I am interested in the Sport S or the Willy, what is the major difference?
Also has anyone put two chairs in the either mentioned above?
Sahara- more for off roading?
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I am new to Jeep, just know that I want one. I am interested in the Sport S or the Willy, what is the major difference?
Also has anyone put two chairs in the either mentioned above?
Sahara- more for off roading?
All jeeps are very off-road capable. The Sport S is very popular, especially if you plan on upgrading in the future (lift, bigger wheels/tires, etc.).

The Willy's is primarily an appearance package but has some nice features and off-road worthy upgrades.

Not sure what you mean about 2 chairs...

The Sahara is the more luxury version of the jeep.

There are a number of threads on various versions in the forum that are worth looking into.

What do you plan to do with the Jeep?

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
The Willy's is built off of the Sport S platform. Everything you can get on a Sport S, you can also get for the Willy's. However, the Willy's comes with limited-slip rear differential, Rubicon rock rails and shocks, heavy-duty brakes and 32-inch Firestone mud terrain tires. All of which you cannot get on the Sport S. Those features do give the Willy's a slight edge over the Sport S as far as off-roading goes.

The Sahara is the luxury Jeep. You get all of the premium features; leather seats, LED headlights, 8.4 inch Uconnect screen, etc. I wouldn't say that its particularly better at off-roading than the Willy's, especially because it comes with non-off-road tires. The Rubicon is the best off-road model (don't mention that to the Moab guys). It's got the toughest axles, gears, and suspension.

All Wranglers are "Trail Rated", you just have to pick the one that suits your needs.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I still don't understand "two chairs".....

Last edited:

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Child seats my guess...

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome!

The search engine will be your new friend.
And to add to this, I find the Google site search method (while it's still a thing) MUCH more robust and helpful for this site in particular.

For those unaware, here's an example:

Type the following in the address bar or search field: site:www.jlwranglerforums.com front stubby bumper

Sponsored

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
[QUOTE="RockyMtnHigh, post: 919325, However, the Willy's comes with limited-slip rear differential, Rubicon rock rails and shocks, heavy-duty brakes and 32-inch Firestone mud terrain tires. All of which you cannot get on the Sport S.”

Actually, you can get the limited slip differential and Dana 44 axle on the Sport S as optional equipment; I have it on mine. Agree it does not come standard on the Sport S as it does on the Willys.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
And to add to this, I find the Google site search method (while it's still a thing) MUCH more robust and helpful for this site in particular.

For those unaware, here's an example:

Type the following in the address bar or search field: site:www.jlwranglerforums.com front stubby bumper
I just type in google

“JL WRANGLER FRONT STUBBY”

lol

Anything you want to find just put JL WRANGLER in front of it. Sometimes it will lead you back to this site on a topic as well. Works good!

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I just type in google

“JL WRANGLER FRONT STUBBY”

lol

Anything you want to find just put JL WRANGLER in front of it. Sometimes it will lead you back to this site on a topic as well. Works good!
Haha yeah I do the same. I should have specified that for this site I use the site search. Using this forum's built-in search has not been very helpful to me so far.

Where would we be without Google though, for real?!

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Haha yeah I do the same. I should have specified that for this site I use the site search. Using this forum's built-in search has not been very helpful to me so far.

Where would we be without Google though, for real?!
Google to the rescue.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: apb