Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Check out the new TeraFlex Delta Brake kit for the JL!

We just got these a few days ago and wow are they impressive!

Here is @TeraFlex's High Modulus Delta Brake kit on Northridge4x4's 2018 Red JLUR on 40" Patagonia M/Ts during a full panic stop from 50 mph with the ABS firing to keep the tires from locking up on wet pavement. We were shocked at how fast they stopped the JL!

TeraFlex did a great job matching these with the stock JL master cylinder, brake booster and ABS system. It is a fantastic combination!

Of course we have a full install write-up over on NorthridgeNation.com: Teraflex High Performance Brake Kit for JL.
Sponsored

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I loved their big brake kit on the JK. I got it on sale for like $600 however. $2200 for the JL kit is ridiculous. This will definitely limit their sales.
I just looked at teraflex site and its like 800 msrp for just the front brakes. And on top of that the calipers are just a standard floating 2 piston caliper. The delta brake kit uses a fixes caliper 4 piston caliper which are way more expensive to make. If you compare teraflex at 2k compared to Alcon at 4k the teraflex brakes are a steal.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
By the template, they will NOT fit AEV Borah wheels :headbang:

20190504_183542.jpg

Sponsored

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
I am VERY interested in this big brake kit. Has anyone been using them for a while? Curious what people think about them. They seem like a steal compared to the Alcon kit which seems insanely overpriced.

OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
@sprayingmango, We've had them on the boss' JLUR for a few months now, still going strong.

Ck51010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've been running this kit on my JLUR for the past month or so. Performance has been excellent! Tons of stopping power and the pedal feel is better than stock. I'm running 38's and beadlocks.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
$2200?USD? Yeaaa... maybe I’ll just stick with $50 power stop z36 ceramic brake pads instead... thnx

Last edited:

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
You don't need them though for the JL (maybe with a V8 swap) even with larger tires. The braking power on the JL is great compared to the JK. I didn't even go to larger brakes until we we swapped axles on the JK... were running 38's and a RIPP up until that point. It wasn't the best, but wasn't dangerous either assuming you were driving like a normal sane individual.

Overall, given the OEM brakes are very solid -- $2200 is not a lot of money for the upgrade it gives, which appears significant. For large tires, lots of weight, and lots of power -- I can see the Alcon's making sense, but I couldn't justify that cost on a D44.

Last edited:

beans69

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Telecom Tech. / Volunteer FF
Hello Everyone,
I was just wondering. Since the Delta brake kit says it will fit both the JKU and JLU, does that mean the other "Big Brake" kit that is listed for the JKU only should fit the JLU as well? I have a brand new big brake kit that never made onto my JKU which has unfortunately just been replaced with a 2018 JLU.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Hello Everyone,
I was just wondering. Since the Delta brake kit says it will fit both the JKU and JLU, does that mean the other "Big Brake" kit that is listed for the JKU only should fit the JLU as well? I have a brand new big brake kit that never made onto my JKU which has unfortunately just been replaced with a 2018 JLU.
Sounds like it's worth calling Teraflex on that. It appears that the kit you have may be about the same size as the optional larger brakes on the JL. Teraflex should be able to tell you if they fit and if they are any larger than what you have. If you have the base line brakes, they likely are larger. If you have the the optional larger brakes, they likely are about the same.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@Northridge4x4 - I second your thoughts on the Teraflex Delta brakes. They ABSOLUTELY make the Jeep safe to drive again and while I drive defensively anyway these brakes stop the Jeep as they should have been from the factory WITHOUT the panic of the OEM that does not stop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northridge4x4

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
@Northridge4x4 - I second your thoughts on the Teraflex Delta brakes. They ABSOLUTELY make the Jeep safe to drive again and while I drive defensively anyway these brakes stop the Jeep as they should have been from the factory WITHOUT the panic of the OEM that does not stop.

Glad you like them. They impressed the heck out of us.
Sponsored