Sponsored

New Teraflex adjustable spare tire mounting kit

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I combined mine with the Rough Country license plate relocate (leaving off the RC logo plate). So far I love it. I didn’t route any wiring in the hole of the camera snout (except to the camera). It seemed WAY to vulnerable to the wheel landing on it and cutting the wires. I routed up from the back through the wheel. My Jeep also has the Mopar tailgate reinforcement.
315AE00C87964874A1FC.jpg

615BB3B211E74BF2A67F.jpg

7786B2AA44D640CBAF57.jpg

Only negative is the RC mount uses 3/4” lug studs when JL studs (or the spline adapter for my lugs) uses 13/16”. I hate needing extra tools...
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I combined mine with the Rough Country license plate relocate (leaving off the RC logo plate). So far I love it. I didn’t route any wiring in the hole of the camera snout (except to the camera). It seemed WAY to vulnerable to the wheel landing on it and cutting the wires. I routed up from the back through the wheel. My Jeep also has the Mopar tailgate reinforcement.
315AE00C87964874A1FC.jpg

615BB3B211E74BF2A67F.jpg

7786B2AA44D640CBAF57.jpg

Only negative is the RC mount uses 3/4” lug studs when JL studs (or the spline adapter for my lugs) uses 13/16”. I hate needing extra tools...
Looks great...does your RC tag relocation include a light to keep it legal?

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Yes it does, a little LED- circled in the pic.

410A64B548784BAC890A.jpg

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
I have an old, small 1940’s garage and my JLUR fits with about 4 inches of wiggle room. I’m considering putting 35” Duratracs on my stock wheels. How much farther does this Teraflex kit stick out from the stock tire carrier off the rear of the vehicle?

I’m also looking at the Mopar relocation if this doesn’t work.

Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have an old, small 1940’s garage and my JLUR fits with about 4 inches of wiggle room. I’m considering putting 35” Duratracs on my stock wheels. How much farther does this Teraflex kit stick out from the stock tire carrier off the rear of the vehicle?

I’m also looking at the Mopar relocation if this doesn’t work.
It adjusts distance so you can bring it in tight. My 37x12.5 spare fits snugly against the factory tailgate spare tire bumpers. It actually is closer to the tailgate than the Mopar relocation on my buddy’s Jeep. The Mopar relocation comes with larger tailgate bumpers to accommodate the greater distance.

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
It adjusts distance so you can bring it in tight. My 37x12.5 spare fits snugly against the factory tailgate spare tire bumpers. It actually is closer to the tailgate than the Mopar relocation on my buddy’s Jeep. The Mopar relocation comes with larger tailgate bumpers to accommodate the greater distance.
ok cool, I was hoping it would be closer than the Mopar kit. Thank you.

Any chance you could measure it at your convenience? I’m trying to compare how deep it is with the stock one, from the tailgate to the tip of the camera/brake light.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Look at my pictures above. It’s shoved as tight as you can against the tailgate. My stock rubber bumpers are smashed to half their total height.

cfree

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Look at my pictures above. It’s shoved as tight as you can against the tailgate. My stock rubber bumpers are smashed to half their total height.
I saw them. It’s *probably* fine, but I’d prefer to measure before I spend $300+ on something that doesn’t work:whew:

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
ok cool, I was hoping it would be closer than the Mopar kit. Thank you.

Any chance you could measure it at your convenience? I’m trying to compare how deep it is with the stock one, from the tailgate to the tip of the camera/brake light.
I will measure it on mine when I get a chance but ultimately it will depend entirely upon your tire width and your tailgate spare tire bumpers. You can swap out the spare tire bumpers to push it out farther or even bring it in tighter I suppose. The mount itself adjusts such that the tire is tight to the tailgate spare tire bumpers. It doesn’t add anything additional and the tire pushes out farther than the brake light/camera on mine.

Sponsored

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I saw them. It’s *probably* fine, but I’d prefer to measure before I spend $300+ on something that doesn’t work:whew:
To put it another way, the teraflex is the absolute closest you are going to get the tire to the tailgate. Your other option is removing the tire entirely. That said, if you add your tire width and your tailgate spare tire bumper width, you can figure out the max distance from the tailgate you will be.

TWP5253

First Name
Thorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 YJ and 23 JLU Diesel to be ordered Sep.
Looks great...does your RC tag relocation include a light to keep it legal?
What exactly does the Mopar Tailgate reinforcement provide? Do they actually do any reinforcement to the frame area? I want to get the Tereflex Alpha HD Spare tire mounting kit, you know the Full Monty but am hoping to avoid ordering the Mopar kit? TIA

Sonbecker

First Name
Willi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 rubicon
Did anybody talk about the camera mount I bought an older model and the camera is different on my 2022
Had to set the camera in with silicone.
Hopefully the new ones have some kind of an adapter.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
What exactly does the Mopar Tailgate reinforcement provide? Do they actually do any reinforcement to the frame area? I want to get the Tereflex Alpha HD Spare tire mounting kit, you know the Full Monty but am hoping to avoid ordering the Mopar kit? TIA
If you get the Teraflex spare relocation and the hinge carrier, you don’t need the Mopar kit. It’s not needed nor are they compatible.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Did anybody talk about the camera mount I bought an older model and the camera is different on my 2022
Had to set the camera in with silicone.
Hopefully the new ones have some kind of an adapter.
There is an adapter when needed. You must have the front camera as well.

EBACCFE2-7B87-4E7C-B13D-7D77BE2BB79F.jpeg
Sponsored