New Superwinch SX series?

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Anyone order one of these yet?

Superwinch 1710201 SX 10000SR Series Winch with wireless remote | Quadratec

looks really good and the price is even better. Plus limited lifetime mechanical warranty and 7 year electrical!

I know they were bought out by Westin last year? I'm thinking about getting one, the warn winch is about $100 more and they both come from china so the name stuck on it doesn't mean much. I've heard good things about their older models.
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Anyone order one of these yet?

Superwinch 1710201 SX 10000SR Series Winch with wireless remote | Quadratec

looks really good and the price is even better. Plus limited lifetime mechanical warranty and 7 year electrical!

I know they were bought out by Westin last year? I'm thinking about getting one, the warn winch is about $100 more and they both come from china so the name stuck on it doesn't mean much. I've heard good things about their older models.
Looks like a Warn EVO-S

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 4xe
I guess I'm the guinea pig. I have had one for at least a month, but it's still in the box. If I ever find a few hours to get it installed, I'll post an update.

OP
OP
ChromeToaster

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
I guess I'm the guinea pig. I have had one for at least a month, but it's still in the box. If I ever find a few hours to get it installed, I'll post an update.
You should post a review for other user if you can, I ended up finding an amazing deal on a warn locally so went that route but the super winch looks like a good value.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Looks like I’ll end up being the test dummy on this one. Just ordered the SX 10000 SR after pulling the trigger (and cancelling) an EVO VR 8 after too much research.
The Apex is not on sale, and I just couldn’t go for that one when I could get the Superwinch for the same price with a real warranty. I canceled the VR Evo after watching some YouTube unboxings until I could go see it in person at 4WP. The Superwinch ended up $50 cheaper than the cheapest price I found on the 8-S and I was still concerned the Warn was adequate for the weight of the new Jeep.

Cahlheim

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2019 JLUR, 2013 C63 AMG
Occupation
Technology
Looks like I’ll end up being the test dummy on this one. Just ordered the SX 10000 SR after pulling the trigger (and cancelling) an EVO VR 8 after too much research.
The Apex is not on sale, and I just couldn’t go for that one when I could get the Superwinch for the same price with a real warranty. I canceled the VR Evo after watching some YouTube unboxings until I could go see it in person at 4WP. The Superwinch ended up $50 cheaper than the cheapest price I found on the 8-S and I was still concerned the Warn was adequate for the weight of the new Jeep.
Any thoughts on this? I am getting ready to get a winch for my wife’s Jeep and the SX is at the top of my list.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Any thoughts on this? I am getting ready to get a winch for my wife’s Jeep and the SX is at the top of my list.
Can’t really comment on performance since I haven’t had to actually use it yet. But it’s been on the Jeep for three months and I’m happy with the quality. I’d make the same choice again at this point.

Electrified

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Reviving this very old thread. Anyone have any feedback on the Superwinch?

Sponsored

Electrified

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
So far so good. Probably a half dozen recoveries with no issues.
Any issues with the install? How is the wireless remote working for you?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Any issues with the install? How is the wireless remote working for you?
No install issues. I did add a circuit interior I can control from the Aux switches so it’s not always hot.

Knock on wood, the wireless remote has worked every time.

Electrified

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
No install issues. I did add a circuit interior I can control from the Aux switches so it’s not always hot.

Knock on wood, the wireless remote has worked every time.
Awesome. Thank you for the feedback. I am leaning heavily towards this winch because it has some nice features for the money and the warranty is good.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Awesome. Thank you for the feedback. I am leaning heavily towards this winch because it has some nice features for the money and the warranty is good.
Project Farm on YouTube included the steel cable version in his recent winch test.

Electrified

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Project Farm on YouTube included the steel cable version in his recent winch test.
I subscribe to PF but I missed that one. I will take a look now! Thanks!
Sponsored