Sponsored

NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod!

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Finally remembered to take a picture of where I mounted the wiring harnesses. Seems to be about the same distance from the muffler as the photos @mrtm1970 and @Rockhopper posted (still an inch too close imo).

Really crappy shot, but the engine was running. And not that I rock crawl or anything, but I'm still not crazy about needing to use a ziptie to hold the harness plug tight against the 7/4-way housing. Just seems like a potential failure point if I happen to scrape something.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! IMG_20230506_111349x
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
@Rhinebeck01 Literally no idea why you're laughing at my install pic. Does it look fine? Distance from the muffler seem safe? Is the ziptie around the plug a bad idea?

I wasn't intentionally making a joke, so any constructive feedback other than a vague laughing emoji would be useful. Otherwise, I really have no idea why you're mocking me or laughing at my work.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Rhinebeck01 Literally no idea why you're laughing at my install pic. Does it look fine? Distance from the muffler seem safe? Is the ziptie around the plug a bad idea?

I wasn't intentionally making a joke, so any constructive feedback other than a vague laughing emoji would be useful. Otherwise, I really have no idea why you're mocking me or laughing at my work.
The forum needs more emoji's. Laughing emoji is what I end up using when I'm posting via cellphone .....when I disagree, someone posting crapola/misinformation... think someone is overreacting, etc..

Anyway, I mentioned more then once, that your harness will see very little heat off of that narrow edge of the muffler.... and if you are a worry wart, use some reflective material to protect the harness.... and your zip tie is aok.

As for "rock crawling" or whatever... or day to day road driving, that Diode Dynamics is no more at risk then the stock 7 pin connector. Get under there and look close... that stock 7 pin is hanging down, exposed and look real close and you will see water and yuk, can get into it's inners easy.

In closing, that @Diode Dynamics offering is real nice offering and lets face it, it is inexpensive.
Don't dwell on all.... and if you can't get past the worries ask Diode Dynamics to refund your $.

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
The forum needs more emoji's. Laughing emoji is what I end up using when I'm positng via cellphone .....when I disagree, think someone is overreacting, etc..

Anyway, I mentioned more then once, that your harness will see very little heat off of that narrow edge of the muffler.... and if you are a worry wart, use some reflective material to protect the harness.... and your zip tie is aok.

As for "rock crawling" or whatever... or day to day road driving, that Diode Dynamics is no more at risk then the stock 7 pin connector. Get under there and look close... that stock 7 pin is hanging down, exposed and look real close and you will see water and yuk, can get into it's inners easy.

In closing, that @Diode Dynamics offering is real nice offering and lets face it, it is inexpensive.
Don't dwell on all.... and if you can't get past the worries ask Diode Dynamics to refund your $.
Ahh, gotcha. Appreciate the clarification! Kinda hard to tell if an inappropriate laughter emoji is passive-aggressive mocking or just an honest disagreement about something more specific 👍

And yes, the DD part is cheap enough that I'm really not worried at all if their harness explodes into flames (it won't), but my concern with location was mostly about the protection of the stock plugs and wiring, since replacing/repairing that is a significantly more costly and laborious undertaking. I think it's probably fine, but I also tend to think that the distance jeep placed the muffler from the back of the 7/4-way plug in its OEM location (~another inch away) is probably more ideal and time-tested. I also tend to overthink things, it's just what I do.

And wasn't really trying to nitpick or complain too much about anything, but instead give my own honest consumer feedback and opinion to the manufacturers making these products, since even something minor like extending the harness an additional inch or two would make for an even better product, an improved customer install experience and provide a little peace of mind for people like me that might worry about placing shit just a bit too close to exhaust components.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the product and other than my one small concern, it's really nice for the money spent. Don't think there's any reason to return it.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to chime in & say. After having the light for a while, I really learned to appreciate it. Good little mod!
I have installed both the C1 and C1R on a few vehicles. The offering installs so fast and easy for most anyone...

My Son has the C1R on his 2023 Tacoma.
His Diode Dynamics, C1R HitchMount LED Pod Kit is set-up so when he goes to use his dual bike rack, he removes the C1R HitchMount LED Pod Kit from the vehicle hitch mount, thanks to an extension cable he mounts the C1R HitchMount LED Pod Kit onto his dual bike rack. The C1R HitchMount LED Pod Kit slips into a mount that he added to the dual bike rack.

Thanks to the C1R HitchMount LED Pod Kit mounted on the bike rack itself that is hanging out.... other's can easy see and avoid that bike rack that hangs out a few feet.

Yes, this is a real inexpensive offering and easy mod. @Diode Dynamics gets a big atta-boy for this terrific offering.

I know my 37yo Son, really appreciates his... Also, those that I installed on their JL's, really rave about their installed, HitchMount LED Pod Kit.

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Just added one to my JLU. Brighter than I thought it would be. Great mod!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

🚨 Our Memorial Day Sale is LIVE!!! 🚨

➡ Up to 15% OFF Sitewide
➡ 10% OFF JL/JT Elite Series Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any orders over $300!

Excluded: F150 Elite Series Headlights, and F150 Elite Series Fog Lights

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 6/2/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Ok gang… please put my mind at ease… (especially you @Rhinebeck01).

Is this too close to the muffler (heat issue), or do I need to spend a little more than 5 minutes on this? 😆

The gap is between 7/8” and 1”.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! IMG_6877

Happy Memorial Day weekend all!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok gang… please put my mind at ease… (especially you @Rhinebeck01).

Is this too close to the muffler (heat issue), or do I need to spend a little more than 5 minutes on this? 😆

The gap is between 7/8” and 1”.

IMG_6877.jpeg

Happy Memorial Day weekend all!
Same same gap (approx. 1") is what I have seen with all the C1 and C1R's that I have installed on JL and JT's.

Other's on the forum have commented they have a similar approx. 1" gap.

Seeing the distance is between the connector and the narrow side of the muffler, (very very little heat comes off the narrow side) I have no problem with that gap. Sure would have been nice to have a bigger gap but again, I would not worry about it.

IF you are concerned, wrap so heat reflective material around the connector..

By the way, I know 3 different JL owner's in Florida that have been running C1's and C1R's for a few months now in Florida heat...... and with lots of driving and they have seen no heat damage/issues to their connector. They did not use heat reflective material either.

With that said... @Diode Dynamics did a real decent job on that offering. All that I know to include my Son really like the offering.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Same same gap (approx. 1") is what I have seen with all the C1 and C1R's that I have installed on JL and JT's.

Other's on the forum have commented they have a similar approx. 1" gap.

Seeing the distance is between the connector and the narrow side of the muffler, (very very little heat comes off the narrow side) I have no problem with that gap. Sure would have been nice to have a bigger gap but again, I would not worry about it.

IF you are concerned, wrap so heat reflective material around the connector..

By the way, I know 3 different JL owner's in Florida that have been running C1's and C1R's for a few months now in Florida heat...... and with lots of driving and they have seen no heat damage/issues to their connector. They did not use heat reflective material either.

With that said... @Diode Dynamics did a real decent job on that offering. All that I know to include my Son really like the offering.
That’s good enough confirmation for me! I might put a couple more zip ties and call it a day. It is a real nice product. Thanks @Rhinebeck01

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler

⏳ WARNING! TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO SAVE! ⏳

➡ Up to 15% OFF All Lighting Upgrades
➡ 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
➡ 10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
➡ FREE US Shipping on any order over $300!

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop lighting upgrades for your ride!

🚨 Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, 06/02/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon code 🚨

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Hours: Monday-Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 314-205-3033

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that want additional back-up lighting this @Diode Dynamics Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit, is an offering that you really should consider..

Talk about an easy install for most anyone.. It's an offering that has been out long enough for us to already know, this offering is not problematic.. No moisture/water issues, no muffler related heat issues in regard to the harness, no problems with the strobe feature on the C1R .... again no issues being reported .. and it looks aok where it resides in the hitch..

I've installed this on a few JL's and JT's and my one Son, installed the offering on his '23 Tacoma.

All those that have the Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit, have thanked me repeatedly... for telling them about and encouraging them to go with this inexpensive, trouble free offering, that does really well at lighting up back there!

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Stage Series HitchMount LED Pod Kit | The BEST 5 Minute Mod! 2i9vvu8
Sponsored